1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Team is Not Coach Well At All

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by N2bnfunn, May 6, 2019.

1. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

It's not like that's the defending two time champion on the other side...oh wait, yes it is! Some people love them some misery, enjoy

Blurr#7 and HP3 like this.
  2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This Post Is Not Write Well At All

juanm34 and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Really....please stop the nonsense.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Man....are some of you junior high girls? That way I know not to get worked up by these whiny b****y ass threads.

5. jcf

jcf Member

Or, sunshine can give you cancer.... Hi Debbie

Hard_foul likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thread Not Well Right Now At All

harold bingo and TheresTheDagger like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Gordo getting cold was a part of what bled the lead. i think he only hit 1 3 pointer towards the end on maybe 4-5 shots.

Harden simply got tired towards the end, he couldn't get by whoever it was, it was well defended so he had to settle for 3's. Contrary to popular belief, he did try to drive at the end, just couldn't get by Klay at all.

Also I think trying to switch Harden on Curry makes sense in the beginning of the game, doesn't make much sense to me at the end of games. I think we took too long trying to find a switch, but they just kept trapping and not switching, it wasted a lot of the shot clock. I think Harden can take anyone 1 v 1 on the warriors, forget picks, just let him go pure iso.

HP3 likes this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

OP, did you notice the MOMENT we took the 17 point lead, the officials called 3 straight defensive fouls on one Warriors offensive possesion? Did you notice that put them in the penalty for the final 7+ minutes of the 3rd quarter? Did you ever stop to think how difficult it is to hold a lead like that given that situation?

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

MDA has been great this series his rotations have been spot on imo.

Playing shump and less Clint was a ballsey move and it’s paid off big time.

BaselineFade, smp and YOLO like this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. We need to rotate the guards well to keep paul and harden with fresh legs as much as possible. Fresh and healthy legs will win this series. They have no bench this year. Face it Cousins was their demise. Not a move Jerry west would have OKed. I do not know who got to MDA who is known not to play anyone but his starters but I am glad they did. The last few minutes however you could tell the Rockets looked a bit gassed. They were jacking shots with low energy. That is my only thing with MDA. We need to build stronger leads that can allow Harden and Paul and Gordon to rest alot more to give us better pushes towards the end of games. That will help us close them out and allow Paul and Harden to sink Daggers into their Hearts. Let guys like NeNe Shumpert and Rivers go full steam ahead and beat them up. CURRY should be limping by 3rd quarter.

smp and N2bnfunn like this.
  11. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Thank you and thats what I mean. Where were the time outs? Why did he tell them to run a play to get sure hoop? Instead of just coming down jacking up 3’s

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Where I will agree is the defense fails to get back to avoid a fast break.

It's amazing how many layups we gave up to green etc....after making a FT or a FG. You can not allow that to happen.

Transition defense was terrible there....and you shouldn't even need it after a FT or FG...get BACK and guard the paint.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets game plan was great. We can quibble with allowing them to storm back in the last couple minutes, but I don't fault coaching for that. They were smart to slow down the pace at the end and go to ISO game at that point.

Pringles likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

next morning this thread is not age well at all

harold bingo likes this.
  15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Agreed. Give kudos to Durant - he played extremely well against Harden in the 4th. He also hustled his ass off through picks to make sure there was no switching off of Harden.

Last season, we would have given the ball to CP3 more especially if Curry is guarding him, but his isolation plays have definitely taken a dip in efficiency this season. I would love to see the statistics on CP3's ISO. Last year - him and James Harden were in the top 3 (2?) of points off of isolation

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You can see from the percentile rank that CP3 was super special in the playoffs last year on ISO, but has struggled this year. Part of that is going up against two very good defensive teams. Harden versus Durant is not a favorable matchup. If he can't get Durant off of him, we may consider going to Rivers or Gordon (whoever has the weaker defender on him).

Playoffs (2019):
    https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*HOU

Playoffs (2018):
    https://stats.nba.com/players/isola...*E*HOU&SeasonType=Playoffs&SeasonYear=2017-18

Regular Season (2018/2019):
    https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*HOU&SeasonType=Regular Season

Regular season (2017/2018):
    https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*HOU&SeasonType=Regular Season&SeasonYear=2017-18

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Your grammer teacher not teach you good.

juanm34 likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Why team brick with 17pt lead.
    Team no shoot well.
    Coach no timeout, why we win???????????

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The one time you would want to take a higher percentage shot vs a more efficient shot is when you have a big lead to avoid going 1-12 in a stretch.

harold bingo and smp like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

page @topfive page....