1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN 97.5 Hate the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sledge187, May 2, 2019.

1. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Did any of you guys hear 97.5 and their absolute hatred for the Rockets this week. Those two guys from 4-7pm are two of the most negative people I've ever heard on the radio. They hate the Rockets saying all this garbage about them being horribly run and their offense is a gimmick. These are same guys that hate Bregman. Have you ever seen a show lose more listeners than these guys did in 1 day? I see the Rockets twitter guys bashed them real good. Those two guys went from being big dogs from 4-7pm to being 1 of the most hated radio personalities literally overnight. How bad will their ratings drop or do you think this will be a temporary drop? Hopefully, they don't hurt John , Lance , Dale and Raheel.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Did they hire Josh Innes?

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Geez.... As I said who cares about the hate? It seems like people want media validation more than wins. You know who else the media disrespects? The 1994 and 1995 Rockets. Would I trade the championships for media adoration that the 1994 Knicks and 1995 Magic have? Nope.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Bro they all hate the Rockets. Get over it.

Sledge187 likes this.
  5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Agreed. I had to stop listening to 97.5 a while back. It’s become too much. I can’t stand The Blitz guys. I don’t get their appeal. I’ve completely switched over to the world of podcasts.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

The only reason I listen to them is because it's the only FM station that has some "sports" talk and I get too lazy sometimes to hook up my phone for music.
    I used to listen to 610/790 but it's been years.

Most of the time those two dude think they are the best thing on radio. AJ dude is a NOT a fan of Harden and he had some twitter battle yest about the harden eye injury.

But I am probably going to stop listening.

Sledge187 likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Anyone who would hire that guy needs his head examined … that guy should be washing dishes somewhere , not on the radio.

rgw20014life, juanm34 and Sledge187 like this.
  8. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

I don't care about the National media but I do care about the local media. I absolutely hate when you get some local guys bashing the Rockets, Texans or Astros. They can criticize and critique but these guys just don't like the Rockets. AJ just seems like a straight up b****. I liked the show until they did that stuff. I'll listen from 7-11 but never in the afternoon again.

rgw20014life and dachuda86 like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

... is this about radio? Bro... get XM or stream some stuff from youtube while you drive, or get audiobooks. Let it die already.

juanm34 and xiki like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who? Y’all love giving these clowns free press...

napalm06, Why not?, Handles and 2 others like this.
  11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Probably Texans fans.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. apatel123

apatel123 Member

great .. now somebody in here is going to look them up, listen to them and ultimately become a fan.. great job numb nuts

steddinotayto and juanm34 like this.
  13. AstrosRockets1818

Haha. Me and Josh are buddies. He really does love MDA and the Astros.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

People who want to win care. Media hate affects officiating and MVP voting. It likely affects free agency and players' wanting to come here.

15. DLX94

DLX94 Member

Aren't local sports radio supposed to be on the side of their teams? They can be critical if there are blatant acts committed, but in the wake if all these Rockets hatred outside of Houston please be supportive and get behind the team. Geez. At least I've tuned in to 790 in the afternoon the past two days and they've defended the team.

Sledge187 likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well at least they talk some rockets. That's better than 610 where all they talk about is Texans draft picks. This city barely cares about the rockets.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is absolutely what we value in society now. My 13-year-old told me, with a straight face the other day, that likes on social media are how you win. It has nothing to do with 'winning'. It's about popularity and being liked.

The rise of personality over character is a symptom of a given society at it's apex of power.

You can read more about it here:

Character vs. personality ethic

slothy420 likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Only three refs have consistently been an issue: Brothers, Foster, Mauer

Harden has an MVP.

Chris Paul chose us, not Cleveland or LA.
    Dwight chose us. Brooks came back twice. And I have no problem Chandler Parsons not choosing us.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't watch ESPN hot take shows. I don't watch FOX hot take shows. I don't listen to Houston radio stations.

The hate I read on this board for our team from time to time fills that quota up pretty fast. Why venture out into the media world when it's all right here?

Sledge187, Sajan, Nick_713 and 3 others like this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's probably temporary, since football is coming or it's a set up and they're getting jobs in another sports market, lol, it sucks