1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rest of the series will define Harden's legacy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 2, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden is the GOAT, the greatest player of all times, if you have any other term for a player that singlehandedly beats the best team of all times consisting of 5 allstars, 2 mvps, 1 unanonimous mvp, 1 COTY, pls let me know.

no one can beat the refs... no one...you can only bribe them

i hate to be a harsh to a brother rockets fan and say you are clueless, but you should give credit harden because he deserved it..

Rockets fans and all ppl who root for harden,
    are you just gonna sit there and blame harden(?!) for refs being biased towards him, stealing his ring last year and EGGREGIOUSLY doing the same thing this year which is acknowledged even by the greatest rockets haters and all the media?

Rocket River and waytookrzy079 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and having the refs against them stealing cca 12 FTS in a single game

3. gotsis

gotsis Member

In hindsight we will certainly see that altough we asked too much of Harden he always outperformed expectations and not beating GSW is not embarrassing. They are just too good right now.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*Choker*

• If you do not win the title.....are you a *choker?* Are there 29 other teams filled with *chokers?*
    • Was LeBron a *choker* for years before he *teamed up* with Wade & Bosh (then later with Kyrie & Love) to win a title and magically isn't a choker anymore?
    • Was KD a *choker* until he *teamed up* with GSW?

Just *being a great player* isn't enough to win a title. Quality of teammates are the deciding factor.

People really like to throw around that *choker* term without any context. Just pick and chose things here and there.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I actually agree with this hot take thread title.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say our defense almost beat one of the best teams ever. Harden had a rather average series.

7. fchowd0311

Reading your post, I understand why many posters hate me. If the notion is that Harden is anywhere near GOAT status on Clutchfans, my take might be rather jarring because I believe he is no where near that level.

We do have a former player though who is in the ballpark of top 5-10 players of all time though. Harden isn't close that player.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

You don't beat the Warriors with defense or offense, you need both, and Harden was also part of that defense. He was also the best player of the team, without him that would've ended p in a quick 0-4

9. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

/thread

Deuce likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is that player.. he is the best EVER... it doesnt mean hes better than the refs....

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Legacy on the line in the 2nd round against an incredibly stacked team while he rolls up to the game with aging CP3 and a bunch of role players? What a joke...

Patience, luckyman76, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, because 1 person speaks for many others on CF... :rolleyes:

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Are we even sure that harden has peaked yet?

Let the man play.

Patience likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol and that 1 person respects him perhaps more than anyone on cf

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol this fool acts like harden owes him a chip

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Cp3 and Hardens legacies are at stake these next two games. They will be forever known as playoff chokers if they lose both at home.
    It’s kinda unfair to Harden, the guy is asked to do so much and no one on this team seams to step up for him when he needs them too. Cp3 is the true fraud in this case if he doesn’t step the **** up and become at least some what serviceable but Jimmy will get the load of the blame unfortunately.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden last year had more talented teammates than Jordan. Prove me wrong.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who has left a more influential legacy for future generations- Shaq or Allen Iverson?

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

I would say prime Pippen is better than any player besides Harden on the Rockets.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can we please make these comments with regard to historical facts, and the same way people talk about Lebron last two years, like this:

Having Harden as our primary superstar will never work in the playoffs against the best team ever assembled with 4 HOFers in their prime.

Or better, with reference to Lebron’s attempts last two years, just say no one-man team can work in the playoffs against the best team ever assembled.
    I mean, come on ... no other NBA team the last two years has a shot in hell at beating this Harden team.