1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How does Morey improve the team this offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 1, 2019.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Truth is this team would've beat them without Durant. Until he leaves it doesnt matter what team you put together.

CK Johnson likes this.
  2. mastan

mastan Member

Morey's computer analysis doesn't seem to take account of rebounding disparity...........

vjohnson likes this.
  3. mastan

mastan Member

Rockets already beat them last season WCF with fair officiating... even without CP3 for last two games.

This year's Rockets team is no where close to last year's team..last year Rockets won 65 games for nothing... at one point last year they had the best offensive ratings off all time when Rockets were starting CP3/Harden/Ariza/Anderson/Capela and from bench Gordon/Nene/Tucker/Mabuote/Green.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure we'll try to get another star...Butler (especially) and Beal are the names i would keep an eye on, but also Davis, cause even though it's the most unrealistic, i expect the Rockets to up their risk profile, be super aggressive and put everything on the table this summer. At this point i wouldn't be shocked if we end up moving Capela, especially if we can somehow sign DeAndre to replace him.

The problem with DJ is that as today, assuming we would be a taxpayer team, we could only offer him a contract around 6M per season, that's probably too cheap...i wonder if in a scenario where we dump Capela and Gordon along with Nene (around 35M) by taking back Butler and a rookie scale contract or just pick/s (20/25M), we would be able to operate as a non taxpayer team, cause if that's possible we could offer DeAndre a contract around 10M which should be closer to his market value.

Like:

- opt in trade for Butler (Gordon and Nene to Philly)
    - trade Capela for assets, maybe even in a 3-way trade where you take back a young prospect on a cheap contract like, i don't know, Jaylen Brown (Codman mentioned him multiple times as a Rockets target) and/or a pick/s.

In a similar scenario we would end up with something like this:

DeAndre/Hartenstein
    Tucker/Clark
    Butler/Brown
    Harden/Green
    Paul/Frazier

Plus maybe one or two guys between Rivers (unlikely imo), Faried, House will stay for a minimum contract too in the end.

Random ideas aside, one thing i would really like is to see the roster get somehow younger and more athletic, sometimes i really feel like this team gets overwhelmed too easily in terms of physicality and athleticism...Capela lack some strenght, Harden is not exactly explosive and reactive, Chris has always been a little pest but he's getting older and he's clearly losing some of that energy, PJ is still a freaking beast but he's getting older too...i really feel like we need to add some athleticism to the roster, and fwiw i really like our young players so, i wouldn't be mad to bet hard on them for the next season.

Codman likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep Rivers and Gordon and trade Paul for AD.

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Convince Jimmy Butler to opt-in and then trade for him like they did with Chris Paul - move Eric Gordon and Nene plus a pick.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kevin love?

Just throwing stuff out that isn’t a pipe dream like getting AD.

maw7079_2000 likes this.
  8. JazzLakerHater

Hope Durant leaves.

francis 4 prez and javal_lon like this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

And hope they don't get a legitimate scoring wing to replace him..

10. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Oh no he soft as butt wipes

11. jowman

jowman Member

We need a real big that can’t get boxed out by Klay Thompson

Would help to have ariza out there playing d and getting rebounds

12. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Y'all so eager to move eric Gordon our 2nd best player in the off season. I would rather move Cp3 and take back two good players who are slightly overpaid.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

As someone who liked the MDA signing, he still has to prove that he is a successful playoff head coach. My buddy from work who is pretty knowledgeable about BB opined that the Rockets will never win a championship under MDA, and history so far bears that out.

The deficiencies you speak about like lack of focus, that's on the coaches to prepare them to succeed. Big fail so far because the first 2 games ain't close to the type of bb our team is capable of playing.

14. Caprah

Caprah Member

Capela and lots of draft picks along with Gordon for a superstar

Le$$ likes this.
  15. dream2franchise

Keep the team intact, make marginal improvements, and hope KD leaves.

16. Caprah

Caprah Member

Who in their right mind would touch Paul’s contract?

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We need to build our depth. Teams play about 7 guys once playoffs start and they have to be good. That’s why Golden State has had this run. Their top 7 is the best in the league. Benches don’t matter like everyone says. It’s all about the rotation and how well those 7 players can play consistently.

Realistically we have a really solid 1-4 and then a pretty below average 5-7.

18. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

The biggest move Daryl can make is to move Morey off the Rockets.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

yup!

xaos likes this.
  20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Replacing Gordon with Butler is not the answer