1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for Zion - would you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, May 1, 2019.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

No, you trade Eric Gordon, Nene, and a pick for Jimmy Butler:

PG: Paul / Rivers
    SG: Harden / Green
    SF: Butler / House
    PF: Tucker / Faried
    C: Capela / Hartenstein

Of course this requires Jimmy opting in like Chris Paul did.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

FREE POST

Rocket River

napalm06 likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden is still 29. Our window isn't going to close that fast esp if KD leaves as some are predicting

YaoMing#1 and RyanB like this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

1 star thread

5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

If the Rockets trade anyone the it needs to be Paul or Capela, maybe both in a package deal. Harden isn’t going anywhere. It’s just foolish to talk about trading a guy that is arguably the best player in the NBA. That would be like Milwaukee trading Ginnanis or GS trading Durant. Lol, the idea of trading Harden is crazy talk.

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

People are talking about how great harden is, but avoiding discussions of 1. Why he doesn’t perform in the playoffs, even with one of the best PG’s of all time and with a center that led the league in FG%, shut down Rudy and KAT last year, and was top 5 in blocks and rebounding, former 6th man of the year and great shooter in EG, top corner three hitter and All-NBA defender in PJ Tucker and 2. How we will win with an aging and often injured CP3 on a max contract. It’s just not being addressed. We did amazing last year and could have won it all, but we lost because of CP3’s age. He isn’t getting younger.

#26 iNoseBleedRed, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. arubato

arubato Member

Yes. Trade Harden to a team whose fanbase will appreciate his greatness. Some people here apparently can’t appreciate what Harden is doing right now.

jcf, amaru, Sadboy and 4 others like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How many teams have beaten the Warriors in a playoff series in the past 5 years? IIRC, none of those teams were carried by Zion Williamson.

RyanB likes this.
  9. macan

macan Member

come on let's leave this kinda topics in the summer man. we need something to kill time

rhee, snowconeman22 and RyanB like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Top 5 offensive players ever grow on trees apparently.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I might consider something, as I tongue in cheek posted in a different thread,

Ayton, Josh Jackson, Phoenix Pick for Harden.

Why Phoenix does it? Harden played at Arizona St. Harden can play PG next to Booker. They'll have cap space to do add players like Harris, Randle, Bojan, DJ, Thad Young or the like. Not all of them, just saying they can add to Harden/Booker and create a #4-#8 team. For a squad that hasn't made the playoffs in ages, that's an immediate turnaround.

But Harden and CP3 together for Zion ... no. You need each to move separately so you can get value (though admittedly CP3's value isn't getting you something amazing). If you can get a top 2 pick, plus another young high lotto pick with upside, for just Harden. And then you can move CP3 - LAL as the obvious landing spot, won't get great return but some return. And then you can move on from Capela, and Gordon in separate deals. Well then you have multiple potential assets for a "somewhat quicker" rebuild. But this isn't happening.

That said, I was advocating to move on from Harden after the SAS performance 2 years ago. Not because I don't like Harden, or don't think he might be able to EVENTUALLY win a ring. But because of (i) GSW existing, (ii) Harden not playing defense, (iii) Harden "declining" in the playoffs fairly consistently, and (iv) a goal to suck for a few years (more picks)

Here's the thread I started then: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/harden-moving-on-vs-holding-on.282740/
    My made up trades then probably sold Rockets short... but you'd be looking at potential stuff like:
    * Avery Bradley, Jayson Tatum, Future Celtics Picks (they still have a couple good ones)
    * Wiggins, LaVine, Lauri Markenan
    * Ingram, Randle, Lonzo Ball (or whomever picked), plus
    * Jokic, Gary Harris
    Addition to all of that would be sucking, of course, so then additional high picks last year, this year and maybe next year. Would they have sucked enough for a pick that was Bagley, Doncic, Young, or a top 2 pick this year (seemingly the only real "value"). And on top of that, would DM have made the right draft choices? And on top of all of that, would you trade the last two years (assume we lose to GSW this year) and whatever magic DM might still have for the next 2-4 of Harden for that?

My answer was, and remains yes. Because I still think GSW is VERY good without KD. As in still the favorites good. Not this squad minus KD. But this squad minus KD plus whatever moves Myers makes to continue to try and supplement. They might lose KD but re-strengthen their bench for example. Klay has 6 more years. Steph has 4 more years. Dray has 6 more years. Of great ball.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Zion cant even get to final 4....This is college basketball we are talking about lol

Lurch and Sadboy like this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

With all due respect, I just feel this Jimmy Butler talk is just another square peg in the round hole that we have been pulling so many over the years.

This series has shown us, we really need a guy like Paul Milsap that can knock down shots and defend inside.

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Favors would be nice

YallMean likes this.
  15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

One and done though

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden is never going anywhere

So this is just silly.

It sucks GS is so good but every team has the same problem houston has and tbh we’re still the only team that has pushed them at all over their run.

Keep it going maybe we break through maybe we don’t but I’m not trading the 2nd best player in franchise history for anyone that’s just disrespectful to harden and the rockets fan base.

Zion has a better chance to be a bust than a top 5 nba player those are facts.

Now I think he’ll be very good but he has a lot to work on. He could easily just be a more athletic version of draymond green which would be awesome next to harden but not for harden.

I think if we don’t get it done this year and it’s not over yet we win game 3 I think we got a real shot to win game 4 and win game 5 yes 3 in a row. We’ve been right there in both games. We’re not getting blown out.

But if we don’t get it done Morey should look to make a big move at all costs and get harden another in there prime or bout to be in their prime allstar.

Not saying we can get him because we can’t but how good would houston be with Lillard instead of cp3? And I love cp3 but we need cp3 to be a legit 25+ ppg threat every game and he’s not that guy.

Last year in the GS series cp3 was putting up 20+ every game we need that harden needs that.

Ronkol likes this.
  17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I would trade harden and paul for Zion, but not just harden.

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Worst thread in Clutchfans history? Definitely nominated.

Sure, let's trade the guy who is the best combination of Dwayne Wade and Steve Nash for a guy who will be a cross between Lebron James and.... Kendrick Perkins.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Zion is carrying 30+ pounds more than Barkley did on a similar frame. That can work as a very young man, but over time it's a huge risk.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol no.

Something something inknown commodity.