1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors in 4 or 5?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets94-95, May 1, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Injuries?

2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Clint man is just one of the problems. We are not gang rebounding especially when he gets switched on the perimeter and Tuck isn't enough. We desperately need a big wing who can rebound in the off-season as Ariza was great at it. CP3 is the reason we are not 1-1 and his regression is the biggest reason for our woes this series. It can go 2-2 but that is based on CP stepping up and that is something we all haven't seen since the last time we played in oracle in February or so without James. He in actuality was 14 pts with 5 assists and 4 turnovers if you take garbage time out.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If they break up (no Durant) this team (GSWs) won't be the concern. Obviously the next super team could be but I don't think it'll be this stacked

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Not see it... it is going to game 7, but with the Golden Girls winning like last year. (I’d love for the opposite to happen and us winning, tbh.)

I’m confident it’ll go to game 7 for $$$$ and the Golden Girls winning again with the help of having a super team and the refs/league on their side.

The league just wants the golden girls to win, and they’ll do everything they can to make it happen. It’s time to accept it, UNFORTUNATELY.

I’ll continue watching because I “love the game of basketball” but not because I expect the NBA to be fair anymore. I’m 100% done with everything and with my emotions.

5. TheresTheDagger

You're new to this playoff basketball thing aren't ya?

mikol13 and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Probably 5. Face it, they have too many superstars

rockets94-95 likes this.
  7. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

NBA will not let us go down that easy,trust me.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Playing like this, 4-0 is coming for sure.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lmao

Rockets just turn into laugh stock of NBA.

Why NBA cares about Rockets?

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

People People its the Playoffs. Golden Sate had some good home cooking but lets not throw away the season on 2 losses on the road. Look they out worked us in Game 2 and we lost that's ok Game 1 we got messed over. If you noticed on tnt they said 2.9 billion people tuned into the game. Look the NBA is not going to lose any money by having a short series especially this one. The Warriors are going to wear down with this short lineup they have. What we need to do is get our role players going and our starters push a little harder in being careful with possessions and finishing a stop with a rebound. I know some of you don't believe it but Game 3 is going to be a rout the Rockets will stand on them hard. Game 5 will be a war again

Hmc415 likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

We will come out hot in game 3 and give them what they deserve for these last 2 games(Maybe a 15 point win 119-103), then they will sneak a win in game 4(114-113 ot or something). Game 5 they will just win it, like watch in 2 OT'S. 4-1 series them.

Im thinking the last 2 wins they win in OT, to win series something of that fashion. Anything to heartbreak the rockets, i assume Houston will break up this team pretty soon.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Statistically, the odds are with GS. The Rockets play hard, but too much "shrinkage" in the playoffs. It started in the first series. GS is clearly the "better" team at the moment. It is like they are skating on ice and the Rockets are running in mud.

13. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Nah. We could have been the 2 seed had we not given up a 16 point lead late in the last regular season game against OKC. What makes that even worse is that everyone knew how much was on the line in that game.

14. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Far from it lol.

15. MD_in_Training

5. We take one at home, drop game 4, then go fishing after game 5.
    And just like that the Harden Era ends with a whimper.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You are who you are. The Rockets did this all season, coughing up huge leads including to some teams they should've blown out of the building. It was fitting in a way that it bit them in the ass and cost them the 2nd seed in their final game of the regular season. They lucked into getting Utah in Round 1, cuz it could've easily been OKC had Portland sans almost all their good players not pulled off a huge comeback against Sactown in their season finale.

As for this series, no it's not over. People need to chill the F out. Do I think the Rockets will win? Hell no. But technically all the Warriors did was hold serve on their home floor. Now the problem is they're a great team and are .500 against us at Toyota Center in the playoffs dating back to 2015. If that pattern holds, then they split Games 3 and 4 and likely close us out in 5(as they did in 2015 and 2016). But we'll see.

There are some things the Rockets can take comfort in. First of all, that stupid long layoff between Games 2 and 3 is a godsend all of a sudden. It gives Harden and Rivers time to heal and CP3 time to rest. Second, if the Utah series is any indication, House is likely to play much better at home. Third, Capela at least showed improvement from Game 1 to 2(how could he not?), so hopefully that trend continues.

It all comes down to Game 3. Just leave it all out there and win that game. Don't come out and lay down like the 2015 team did. If you get that(especially if it's a decisive win), then suddenly we're on the verge of it being a series again going into Game 4. Cuz the Warriors' nightmare scenario is heading back to Oracle knotted at 2-2.

solid likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't disagree houston could still control their fate at that point, but houston probably would at a minimum had locked up the 2nd seed and not had to worry about it. It's amazing they were even able to do that (with regards to 2nd-4th seed), as most teams would have mailed it in with that start.

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets win both at home

mikol13 likes this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hope they do. It's not unthinkable. But they have to lay it all out there in Game 3. That's the one the Warriors are gonna go after the hardest. That's been their M.O. during this run. The Rockets have to get off to a great start on Saturday. Stop playing from behind all game.

20. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I think game 1 got us losing this series, just like how Cavs after game 1 of last season final changed the whole focus of that series.

The refs stole game 1 from us and Rox can’t shake that feeling off. We see it in game 2 no one is playing well. They all had this mental effect that the NBA is rigged.

We are 0-7 when Foster ref our post games. That’s a fact. Vegas had us losing because foster is one of the officials last night.