1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix is in...Foster refs game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slpntz, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Warriors argue calls
    Only thing is the Warriors are no better. Draymond’s antics should really have him thrown out of half his games.

jcf likes this.
  2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

alright so we got a 6 on 5 game tonight, big deal.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Rockets need to be way more animated when they are "fouled". Remember the movie "Big" where the Tom Hanks character is shot playing laser tag in the toy store and sprawls out on the floor going into death convulsions? I mean...get creative. The refs...after all...are a bunch of suckas! Maybe Harden could land really awkwardly making contact and then, while on the ground, he urinates himself if it isn't called? ;)

Y2JT likes this.
  4. lurgar

lurgar Member

You'll know how it's going to go down when Klay has 2 or 3 fouls early in the 2nd quarter. Then after being pissed and Kerr getting his lemon face going into halftime, suddenly Klay will turn into Kawhi on the defensive end and might pick up another foul at some point in the second half. Warriors come from behind after the Rockets go cold.

Sajan likes this.
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I wasn't going to watch the game, but now I am because this has become Game of Thrones. It is not one iota of basketball. This is the Rockets v. the League. I know what the outcome of the game and the series will be. But I'm going to watch Scott Foster. I want to know what Littlefinger does. I'm looking for the plot twist. We already know the Warriors will end up on the Iron Throne.

6. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

10 year old white kids in the suburbs love the Warriors and that is the growth market the league needs.

MiracleShot, sirbaihu and topfive like this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BigMaloe and Surfguy like this.
  8. Surfguy

The Rockets need a "Braveheart"-like speech because, lying in their beds many years from now...would they be willing to trade all the days from this day to that...to come back and tell your enemies... . Harden is going to be having old man nightmares the rest of his days mumbling "warriors" waking up with the sheets drenched. Poor fellow!

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

We just gonna have to shoot lights out and clamp them up to take Foster out of the game

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

so then why don't they release the entire list before the series starts then

Referee assignments are posted at approximately 9:00am ET each game day is a absolutely a dumb concept if that tweet is true

so the NBA decided before a series to have an official ref a back to back game. i find that pretty hard to believe

Rocket_Man_2.0, jcf, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

my bad. didn't sift through 6 pages but credit to @Os Trigonum !

My feeling is this and it was in the first two sentences: Houston won't lose this game because of officiating. Bad shooting, turnovers, etc. but the calls that we SHOULD have gotten in Game 1 will be there tonight. Curry SHOULD have fouled out in Game 1 will most likely get into foul trouble tonight if he's left on Harden Island. Same goes for Thompson.

If this game goes a total 180 from what I'm predicting then I'll have to find another sport to follow.

YOLO and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Surfguy

It's a bigger conspiracy than we thought...all pre-planned. Game 1...ignore landing fouls. Game 2...Foster.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So...

Foster was their security blanket in case the Rockets spanked that ___ in game 1. This way, Foster would be able to save the Warriors from going down 0-2 heading to Houston which would have been a series over with.

JW86 and Rocket River like this.
  14. steddinotayto

Well it's not that the refs are suddenly going to call things that aren't there...it's more of course correcting what should have been called in Game 1 because Houston got most (if not all) of those calls during the season.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

clutchfans be like

I don't believe you.gif

16. JW86

JW86 Member

If that is true, but that is ridiculous in itself. Definitely assigned him in case Rockets won game 1, very fishy.

Skip tells is like it is: fix is in!

mikol13, BigMaloe, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

If we lose today because of bad officiating, I am pretty much done with the NBA.
    All this refereeing talk..it's taking the fun out of watching sports. Instead of watching the world's best players make incredible shots, I am concerned with who is officiating. This is bullshit.

What's the point of investing your time and money if there are narratives and gambling interests at stake?

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hypothetically, let's say I think that Scott Foster is a decent, fair referee and does not hold any grudge against the Rockets. Even with that, in a situation that is pretty volatile already, why would the NBA throw gasoline on the fire by doing this?

I supposed it's possible they try to make the referee assignments random and distributed using some sort of formula. But assuming there is at least some discretion, it's hard not to see as anything but adversarial between the NBA and the Rockets. Kind of like, "okay you want to complain? I'll give you something to complain about!"

Unbelievable.

UPDATE: Alright, just saw the tweet. That is the only way it makes sense. I guess I can see the NBA not trying to bend to the pressure if it requires changing pre-determined assignments. If it was the other way around we would be pissed that a referee is being dropped because another team/media is complaining. That said, this is a comical sideshow the NBA has created for itself.

#158 DCkid, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    RayRay10 likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

If the refs are assigned prior to the beginning of the series, then I want to know the remaining assignments for games 3-7. Why give us opaque transparency when you can give us complete transparency?

Rocket_Man_2.0, jcf, Handles and 3 others like this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't really know, it's a good question, I don't have the answer. Just relaying information. In response to your comment about the Tony Brothers back-to-back, the NBA reported that assignment had to be changed because the originally scheduled referee for us was injured.