1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friendly reminder that crooked referee Scott Foster exchanged 134 phone calls with Tim Donaghy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac had Tim Donahey and Harden has Scott Foster

But Harden has no problem leading his team to at least the conference finals

Refs

2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Idiots, trolls and bots

Stay away from social media on these topics.

3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Something something
    Hakeem chamionship
    Something something
    Tmac bad

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I agree they just don't deserve to have the 3 spot right now and that's unfortunate

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bad example. LA and NYC have two teams in every sport because there's a big enough fan base to support them (populations of 19M and 20M, respectively).

A better example: Why the league allowed a small market like Oklahoma City to steal an NBA franchise that had been in Seattle for 40 years. It's because Clay Bennett was David Stern's NBA-executive protege and they had a very friendly relationship.

If the league will look the other way while a long-entrenched franchise is being stolen, then it's certainly capable of assuring desired outcomes of games.

Deckard and deb4rockets like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Also though there are a lot more big money spenders in LA for the luxury boxes, etc. There are a lot of cities that are much smaller than OKC that have teams in every sport. There are also cities like San Diego bigger than most that really got robbed. They don't even have an NBA or football team. Vegas gets a team though because the high rollers and performers will spend big on the suites and box seats.

Somehow cities half the size of San Diego have teams in all sports, so I think it is more politics, wealth, and greed than just population. Your OKC example fits both sides of that.

7. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

The Spurs 5 championships say this post has a LOT of hyperbole in it.

8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

2007 WCSF Game 4, Horry hip-checks Nash into the scorers table during the final seconds of a Suns win, only for Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw to miss game 5 in PHX via suspensions for the crime of standing up to a dirty play (Duncan also emerged from the bench, nothing happened to him tho), a game the Suns lost by 3.

Even those rings are tainted

Handles and pippendagimp like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but don't forget that San Diego has had two NBA franchises and failed to support them. I lived there for a few years and can tell you that it's just not a big-team-sports kind of town. Lost of outdoor activities, but not a whole lot of team spirit.

10. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Just curious, anyone have a link to the most egregious call Foster has made on Rox over the 7 losses this season? Thx

11. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Conspiracy theory man, tim donaghy was right after all

Deckard and Dgn1 like this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest to give some punishment to refs such as fine or stop their careers. otherwise, they will not make the game fair

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Crooked Scott Foster has brought his friend Ed Malloy to game 2 tonight.

Series over?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve Cur: I am really worried, after what happened it's all over the hot takes - they are freaking
    Adam Silver: They see that game, what do you think they'll do?
    Steve Cur: They'll freak!
    Adam Silver: No $##% they'll freak - that ain't any kind of answer
    Steve Cur: You got to appreciate what an explosive element this media situation is - they see another of these gangster games doing gangster #%%, no telling what they're liable to do.
    Adam Silver: I grasp that Steve, All I am doing contemplating my if's
    Steve Cur: I don't want to hear about any mofo if's. All I want to hear from your ass is 'You ain't got no problem Cur, I'm on the mofo, go back in there and chill those n****** out, and wait for the cavalry which is coming directly'
    Adam Silver: You ain't got no problem Cur, I'm on the mofo, go back in there and chill those n****** out, and wait for the FOZE who should be coming directly
    Steve Cur: You sending in the FOZE?
    Adam Silver: You feel better, Mofo?
    Steve Cur: S^$* *#$^($ That's all you had to say!

#34 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    s3ts, topfive and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think one thing as fans we can do to turn up the heat on the refs is highlight Foster. Retweet the HELL out of this, let's get it in front of as many eyes as possible:

Deckard, Dgn1, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In all my years of non-calls, technicals, screwjobs, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little franchise... I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much.
    [​IMG]

Sidarma and topfive like this.
  17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Harden should think about how to put ball into the net without foul

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course he was, i never thought it was a coincidence he called Foster so many times.

Sidarma and Dgn1 like this.
  19. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

When you're worried about landing and spraining your ankle it is going to take your concentration away from making the shot

Mathloom and Dgn1 like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Scott Foster's not the miss-an-actual-foul type of ref. He's more the call-a-foul-that-never-actually-happened type.

Dgn1 likes this.