1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honest take on non-foul calls and why Houston can still win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 29, 2019.

1. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

that last play was not a foul and shouldn't have been called..... although I commend harden for trying to get something out of that shot whether a bucket or fts, he caused that contact.... right call but would have been genius had he gotten away with it.....

now ALL the other previous ones were fouls and intentional as you can look at the defenders eyes and see that he knew where he was putting his foot and then turning as to make it look like a box out..... that's borderline flagrant.....

if the league wasnt entirely about the bottomline they would review it and klay would probably get a game

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Would of been enough if the game was called correctly. Those buckets could of shifted the momentum our way and Klay would of fouled out by the 3rd qtr. so you can easily negate any basket he contributed from that point on.
    Silver does not like Rockets boring wins....

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m cool with the no call on the last 3. Obviously I would have loved to see the call but it wasn’t like the ones that happened in the first half with klay guarding him.

Go back and watch klay. He jumps to contest the shot lands with harden still in the air and jumps again to get underneath him.

That’s clear foul.

I don’t think he’s a dirty player so I’m not going to go the far but he double jumps to get underneath harden that’s ridiculous the shots already up you’ve already contested why jump again to get underneath his landing space.

I personally think it’s to get harden on the ground so they can start a fast break make or miss 4 on 5.

Warriors have been pushing the boundaries for years with the moving screens and this aggressive style defense because they know the refs are not about to foul out the whole team in the first half.

The only guys on that team who play honest defense is iggy and sometimes green. But that’s also why they get beat off the dribble by harden because they play him straight up.

But I’m not going to cry about it. We still should have won. Harden still got 14 ft that’s a win for us. We held them to around 100 points another win. The pace was slow another win. Guy like Clint especially need to step up. Pj is playing his ass off on d if he doesn’t score that’s fine but Clint has to match whatever scoring green gives them and he needs to lead all players in rebounds.

I mean he was outplayed by an old man nene he’s got to be better.

Rivers back will help a lot. He’s competitive and can handle the ball in get in the paint. Hopefully he can hit some open threes that will be bonus.

lilbird20 and bro2044 like this.
  4. SemisolidSnake

Honestly, I just can't get over how dangerous those plays were having seen the video. My foot once crossed the line playing volleyball at the Y; guy on the other side landed on it and had to be helped off the court. Never saw him again. I felt horrible. And I've had it happen to me as well. Rolled ankle; out for months. I wear two hardcore ankle braces whenever I play now. Ankle injuries are devastating. I've had so many over the years in sports.

No matter what anybody's take on what percentage fault lies where for the loss, this **** is bad. I was saying since the Bucks game that the "just let em play" no-call attitude they've been trying in select circumstances is going to get someone very hurt. And, of course, this already happened with Kawhi. I have to stop myself from saying I want some in-kind retribution. However, what if a Rocket or any player on any team did this to Curry? Curry already has ankle issues. A bad fall on a closeout could end straight up end his career. What would the league think about their golden boy being permanently injured because of play against his team that's been allowed by his team against others?

hakeem94 and bro2044 like this.
  5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Easy for you to say. You’re not on the court playing. These guys built the this team to beat the warriors and they have in the regular season 3 games to 1. They’ve put a lot of emphasis on defense and it has worked great. We shoot a lot of 3’s. When you take your main guy out of rhythm, the entire team will start to suffer. Game tampering is present in all non-gentleman sports. It’s just part of the business of entertainment.

jcf likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

....and now you're on a list

7. darin1998

darin1998 Member

Has anyone else noticed how the Warriors 3-point defender purposely turns his back, hold his arms straight up and looks at the shot as to give the appearance no foul was committed? The Warriors are intentionally playing defense this way, and the referees as encouraging it. Call it fair both ways...

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is just inane crap. Looked at the box score... On what planet can you say it is evenly officiated when the other team is spotted over 20 points. There were 8 of those missed 3 point calls. Players would have fouled out or be taken out of the game. More shots would have gone in. There wouldn't have been 3 technical fouls or complaining. Nothing the Rockets did MATTERED. Last year the Rockets get to a Game 7 and were cheated out of 93 points in the series in 6 games and 18 points at least in Game 7. They lost by 9. This old BS shut up and play is sound advice when it is not a rigged game. How much evidence does it take before you see the truth? If you think the Rockets should start every game spotting the other team by 15-20 points you go right ahead with your delusion. This isn't me or the Rockets that think this, this data comes from the NBA referees themselves.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think your "rant" against me is unfounded. I did say "just from looking at the box score". That excludes other considerations. If one were just looking at the box score having not seen the game, then it would appear both teams where close in FTAs and fouls called. The could lead one to conclude it was in the ballpark of fair. But, again, that is just the picture of the box score and is misleading. So, you're arguing points against what I intended to exclude. And, shut up and play is not bad advice in my book. Arguing every play down the court is a distraction from the play.

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Explain to me how you beat a team that is given 20 points. You act like this goalpost with the refs never moves. That is not a missed call, that is an agenda.

jcf likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sorry I'm tired of the fake balanced argument. The two critical things to note here:

1) The disparity in bad calls favored the Warriors to an extent which would significantly erase the 4-point margin by which they won.
    2) The amount of physicality allowed does not need to be regular season friendly, rather equivalent to every other playoff game this season and it was not.

I have fished all over social media and youtube for the opinions of analysts and experts. The humongous majority support the fact that the Rockets had at least 3 more egregious non-calls than the Warriors had. The referees agree that they missed 3-4. The post game report listed a further 3.

Even considering the Warriors received bad calls AND fouls are rarer in the playoffs, the Rockets were uniquely screwed out of this game. I have been campaigning on this board against fans crying about refereeing, conspiracies, foul-baiting, etc. This is a uniquely egregious situation and I would say anyone who characterizes this game as a 'wash' in terms of calls is more interested in giving the appearance of being unbiased than they are in making a hard assessment of the facts.

But the game is over and they do not give points/games back. The Rockets need to focus on winning the games in the face of dirty tactics and erratic refereeing against an incredible opponent.

hakeem94 and jcf like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Tonight PJ needs to stick a foot under Steph and Klay's first three attempts. Get that in their heads early. Throw their rhythm off. Force the refs to choose sides or not.

jcf likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You commend Harden for hunting for fouls in a clutch time situation than trying to actually make the bucket?

That's a horrible mentality. NBA refs for all teams hold on to the whistle far more in clutch situations. Harden needs to ALWAYS go for the bucket in clutch situations. It's a detriment to the team when he hunts for fouls in game closing situations. It almost always backfires on the team.

harold bingo likes this.
  14. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

who's mans is this?

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Reality check biatches

hakeem94 likes this.