1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright Called Out Refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I guess we could just bait them into this flagrant then come down heel first on their foot. Fire with fire.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because it was a 4-point game and a 1-possession game in the final seconds. If the Warriors win by 15-20 points, no one is talking about this. It's the same reason people kinda let that Durant out-of-bounds save to Curry for the go-ahead jumper slide in that January game at Oracle. Because Harden hit the crazy 30-footer(in which he was fouled, BTW) to give the Rockets the win.

The non-calls plus the technicals essentially handed the Warriors this win. Sure, the Rockets still could've theoretically stolen the game in spite of all that had Harden shot better and Tucker and Capela contributed anything offensively, but that doesn't excuse the horrible officiating.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Could Carter have been more eager to dismiss the missed calls? I think not. He searched for ways to downplay was what obvious to the two other people sitting across from him. Look at the faces of Wright and the woman (her name escapes me) as Carter makes his arguments. It’s clear they aren’t buying it.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's right, but once again...none of this will matter. The officiating will still be terrible next game.

5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Is Chris Carter the dumbest muther ****er ever? Or just being a contrarian for the sack of being a contrarian.

macan likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

NBA will apologize for the missed calls in game 1 making this a controversial victory and will send in their best ref, Foster to officitate the next game to ensure warriors win in a dominating fashion.

Jake Tower likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Prett much everyone is saying it was a hatchet job. Skip and Shannon as well

luckyman76, hakeem94 and bballjunkie like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

i can't remember the last time skipbayless stand up for us..like never..
    you know the league is rigged when skip is on our side

luckyman76, joshuaao, Voltik and 4 others like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

I'm not sure about that. I mean, if it's Scott Foster, of course it will be. But I have a feeling the NBA will do everything it can to put out this fire before it becomes the only thing anyone is talking about. This is supposed to be the marquee matchup of the second round. Hell, it could wind up being the series that decides the NBA title.

My guess is Game 2 goes exactly like Harden requested in his postgame interview. The refs call it like they're supposed to and then let the chips fall where they may. Cuz if Game 2 winds up being exactly like Game 1(a narrow Warriors win aided by awful, one-sided officiating), then why are we even bothering playing these games? Just crown Golden State's ass like Dennis Green once said.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cris Carter: Why didn't the Rockets adjust?

How do you adjust to that though? You can't shoot threes anymore because they let one team foul you while shooting 3s...and you are a 3 point shooting team.

The point is, the refs played the best defense on the Rockets. Could the Rockets still have won? Yes. But that's not the point. The point is the refs were downright terrible. The Rockets performance is irrelevant to how the officials performed.

luckyman76, Voltik, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What the hell is he even talking about? He's acting like they can change the rules in the middle of the playoffs. Sure, I guess they could revisit the "Zaza rule" in the offseason to try and make it more specific. Fine. You can talk about that boring crap in June when the NBA season is over.

The question being discussed today is why aren't the refs enforcing the rules in the playoffs as they are written and have been called for the entirety of 2018-2019 season until now.

#31 DCkid, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    joshuaao, Deckard, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I disagree. If the NBA wildly swings the calls towards the Rockets favor, even if its obviously justified, it will look way too obvious. People will know the league is reacting to what the talking heads are saying, and that's not something they want. They will maybe call it a little more fairly, but it won't be much. We'll still get the usual terrible whistle like always in Oracle Arena.

I could see the Rockets getting a favorable whistle in Game 3 in Toyota Center when the conversation has died down in the media, but not for Game 2.

macan likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

I hate that "why don't they adjust?" talking point. How do you adjust to being fouled on jumpshots? It's like asking why the Saints didn't adjust the rest of regulation and OT after the pass interference by the Rams. You can't "adjust" to something that's a foul or penalty 99% of the time all of a sudden no longer being called that way. You can try to persevere and win anyway, but there's no adjusting.

luckyman76, Voltik, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  14. mastan

mastan Member

Lame excuse by Carter, there will always be missed shots in a game and there will be always someone performing bad that doesn't justify biased officiating.

luckyman76, Mr. Space City and macan like this.
  15. mastan

mastan Member

Good job ( Salute ) Nick Wright for mentioning the NBA official reports for the last year's WCF... GS got official favor in 6 out of those 7 games and total of 90+ points advantage due to those...this is NBA official report. Rockets were the champs last year hands down.

16. count_dough-ku

Of course it'll look obvious. They're fouls! You have to call them as fouls. Otherwise the league is basically acknowledging that they've abandoned the rules for this series. Hell, the officials told D'Antoni at the half that they missed 4 foul calls. So theoretically that shouldn't happen again, right?

Now if the refs came out in Game 2 and immediately called ticky tack stuff to get Warriors players in foul trouble as a sort of payback for Game 1, THAT would be obvious and arguably unfair. But if Klay is still undercutting Harden on jumpers, those must be called. And believe me, if he winds up in foul trouble and Golden State gets down big early on as a result, Kerr and the players will adjust right away and stop committing those fouls.

luckyman76, Handles, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

fify

macan likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

People need to be asking, if the warriors are so good why do they need outrageously bias officiating to beat the little ol rockets?

And why is it so consistent? I mean we saw Durant “save” a ball with 2 feet out of bounds to give the warriors a go ahead shot in a game vs. the rockets earlier which they tried to steal.

Why does this constantly happen for them?

Jake Tower and mastan like this.
  19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

The biggest thing in the video is Nick stating that teams get the foul breakdown for the full 48 minutes of each games and it revealed what we all knew. The warriors were favored 6 of 7 games in the series. They were especially favored in 5, 6, and especially 7. That’s just not fair and now here they go again with this last game. The NBA is rigged

20. count_dough-ku

That's what drives me nutz. I had no problem with the Rockets losing the 2015 series. We had bad luck with injuries, but Game 2 ended with Harden failing to get a shot off. Game 5 ended with Harden having however many record turnovers it was. 2016 we simply sucked and never had a chance. But last year, we got screwed. Yesterday, we got screwed. The Warriors also had to injure Kawhi in order to overcome the Spurs back in 2017.

If this is such a historically great team, why do they need both luck and assistance from the refs in order to win?