1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/28/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Anybody who's played basketball knows there's more space for landing than appears to someone who hasn't played. This goes for jumpshots and everything inside whether it be layup attempts or jumping for rebounds. That's why players don't frequently turn their ankles despite jumping and landing among multiple players.

Conclusion: A player basically has to be trying to make someone land on them as much as it occured last night with Harden.

2. Voltik

Voltik Member

Overlooked as in with the NBA sweeping it under the rug as with everything. This will privately continue between Rockets and NBA. It’s blantanlty obvious that this was the intent by the NBA as the whole officiating crew were consistent. This wasn’t as subtle as last year’s Game 6 and 7.

hakeem94 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

I knew Zarba was a bad one btw. All the known officials are probably because of some controversy and because they are veterans and they are probably all entitled brats.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

come on, even after morey's article via sam amick you're not going to acknowledge that these games are wholly fixed? you truly believe there was ANY WAY gs would be allowed to lose last nite?

Fletch, hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm beginning to think all sports are rigged and only stupid people watch them. Stupid people who continue to root and cheer for an outcome fixed by money, corruption, cheating, and dirty deeds so blatant it slaps them in the face over and over and over. Not only do these stupid people continue watching but they pay to watch, pay for sports souveneirs, clothing, and merchandise, and pour money into the ones smacking them in the face with a cheating corrupt system. I feel so stupid for being a fan of sports.

hakeem94 and Jake Tower like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

When Donahgy said they were gonna take away Harden's 3 I thought he meant they would call it a travel .

I guess what he meant is that James could try it , he will just get fouled with no call

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

do you have the video or link from that? i thought i heard him say that but wasn't completely sure

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

We are going to win game 2

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Media going ham on the ref! Can't wait to hear skip and Shannon about this. Wish the saints get in on this to stop sports corruption

#3089 got em COACH, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Jake Tower likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No I don't remember where that was from either .

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Carter and wright are consistently the only guys with rational takes

Voltik likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

interesting choice of necktie for steve javie

BigShasta and got em COACH like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think as a Rocket fan you feel this way because our lead superstar is heavily dependent on foul calls to be efficient on the playoffs relative to other superstars thus it hurts us more than other teams and thus we feel more slighted.

But in reality, this is merely a result of Harden not finding other ways to score besides Harden depending on the whistle.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i cannot agree with this reply. i mean just today i posted here that game 2 of the GS-NOP series last year was horrendously officiated in GS favor. please take a look at that game for an eye-opening reference. i also posted several times about the GS favored officiating in their last series vs LAC. particularly each of the 3 games in LA and particularly with respect to officiating of lou williams. going farther back, the WCF series in 2000 (game 7) and 2002 (game 6) and the finals in 2006 (games 5 & 6) were all clearly rigged and i've posted about each many times.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Say they call more of those same fouls from now on. They have 100 other ways to sway the advantage at their disposal. They can ban Paul from next game, call every touch as a foul and put our stars on the bench, and the list goes on. If we get to a game 7 it will be as crooked as it gets and the only way to win will be to hit an all time high from behind the arc. They will let GSW chop, push, and slap our players to death in the paint but call every touch we make on their stars.

16. fchowd0311

Again, if Harden was a shot maker rather than foul baiter in the playoffs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

We come off as whiney cunts trying to defend a player with the most predictable offensive game in NBA history who continues to have massive drop offs in performance in the playoffs.

I'm tired of Rocket fans coddling Harden. Westbrook was coddled in OKC and it turned him into a whiney cunts who never foxes his glaring holes in his game.

Harden would consider his play style being unsustainable if his own fans in Toyota center chanted "flopper".

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

MFer who you calling a whiney cunt?

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

How is shooting step back threes dependent on the whistle, trying to draw fouls?

19. csc177

csc177 Member

Ha! Another forum tough guy...as you were, chump.

20. fchowd0311

The Rockets fan base. We have become a reflection of Harden's game.