1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Is the league just going to ignore the 4 blatant non-call fouls on James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 28, 2019.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I mean if Javie's argument that there are so many thing to watch for and more contested shots to look at, just have more officials.

MLB has more umps on the field for the playoffs. Just have 5 referees instead of 3, then the whole thing about "didn't see" is no longer an issue.

vince, J Sizzle, Voltik and 2 others like this.
  2. Voltik

Voltik Member

He tried to twist Harden’s ankle, when he just had an MRI on his ankles the day before.

luckyman76, vince and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The league would have rathered we had persevered this game because everything would have been water underneath the bridge. Its the same effect that we saw earlier in the year when Houston won even though Durant saved the ball while being out of bounds the Warriors lost and it was like the refs were reprieved on that occasion. Same thing happened in the Minnesota game just at the end of the year when the Warriors were mocking the refs and afterward the report came out that the refs were ticked off that the Warriors get away with ranting and cussing when they dont get their way. In the Clippers Warriors series they called Gallinari for a tech when he complained to the officials about a missed call and Doc Rivers called it our that several Warriors players can cuss referees and scream at the refs but yet they don't get techs. The stuff is just insane , in all of that though I think we are going to beat the soundly. The league will lose credibility after this report comes to light

vince likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Referees acknowledged mistakes in 1st half, yet nothing changed in the 2nd and we got punished once we pointed it out. So you do the math...I like that Javie at least acknowledged it, but you see everyone else trying hard to just ignore the Klay fouls and focus on the end at the end with Green. Really slick.

vince and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. rockets13champs

6. Voltik

Voltik Member

And of course, they will not include the other 4 missed calls on Harden and CP3. I don’t know why it was hard to call these fouls for this series and not any other series or regular season.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

At least they admit some mistakes were made. I will add that even if they do not consider the Draymond guarding Harden near the end a foul, it was close enough they could have made a make-up call for the other blatant fouls they did not call and put Harden on the line. If you add the missed free throw opportunities to the technical foul shots the Warriors got for the legitimate complaints by the Rockets, I imagine the swing is well over 10 points in a 4 point game. D'Antoni says the Rockets should of had 20 more free throws from missed calls.The Rockets were due multiple make-up calls if the refs are "admitting" their mistakes. It will be interesting to see how they do in game 2 with literally everyone calling them out for the blatant bullcrap we witnessed yesterday. Even ESPN is somewhat calling them out.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-vs-warriors-series-threatens-define-rivalry

#87 cml750, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Javie couldn't blatantly deny that these were wrong non calls or he would lose all his credibility. The only thing he could do was that lame "they have too many things to look for and so there will always be missed calls" excuse.

The Rockets should send videos to the league to "clarify" how these plays are going to be called.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

After all the attention this is causing with everyone saying how blatant the bias was, if they do it again in game 2, they might as well just go ahead and award the Larry O'Brein trophy to the Warriors right after the game so we do not waste any more time watching the bullcrap. They can make next season easy and go ahead and give the trophy to the Warriors on opening night before the first game is ever played.

Easy likes this.
  10. RCPM

RCPM Member

You have two common names, too bad you don't have any common sense.

marky :) and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. If Harden doesn't jackknife against that green shot - then Green's body collides with Harden's body. Harden was leaning away from the contact on that one which is why the contact happened near the feet. They still would have hit one another and Green is still jumping towards harden.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The refs stared right at Harden when he got fouled multiple times. They stared right at Durant in January when he was 3 feet out of bounds. They stare right at Draymond every time he sets a moving screen.

This is not a matter of not seeing the plays. Dumb excuse by Javie.

#92 J Sizzle, Apr 29, 2019
    luckyman76 and vince like this.
  13. rockets13champs

This all leads to misunderstandings like we don’t have time to sit down and talk to refs

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree it doesn't make sense. I also agree that they were looking right at the plays and should have seen them anyways.

Also, why does every official need to follow the shot to the basket. The official at/near the shooter should just watch the shooter. The other 2 officials can watch the shot.

#94 rpr52121, Apr 29, 2019
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fwiw...

Basically Curry was fouling all over the place before he hit a 3 that won them the game...i guess this is why he is improved as a defender, can play defense by fouling since the refs won't call **** :D

luckyman76 and bballjunkie like this.
  16. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

In a word...

YUP

Get over it, nothing is going to change. There may be a correction in the next game but the pendulum swings both ways.
    Play smarter, quit jawing at the refs while the other team scores on a fast break, get a rebound, stop and pop...:rolleyes:

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can’t begin to explain to you how tore up I am about this situation

bballjunkie likes this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member