1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm -this- close to saying F the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

You mean people are sick of one superteam always winning everytime?

I miss the old days where $ didn't factor into everything....

2. Voltik

Voltik Member

That’s interesting concept that I would favor after these last 2 years. You get to take the ball out of bounds, if the shot is missed. Any fouls that can result in injury is an ejection and percentage fine based on salary. Fines can occur after games, if refs missed it in game. Refs would be assed flat fine for missing calls such as Finely out of bounds in Rockets vs Mavericks playoff series.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would say you get the ball- one possession more- when the opponents commit tactical and smaller fouls.

But would enforce playing thru smaller contacts, this flailing and flopping should stop.

Begging for fouls, especially during regular season.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The most painful thing is that James Harden, Chris Paul, Clint Capela will live a nightmare after retiring, many sleepless nights, waking up the middle of the night because of the Warriors.

James Harden has improved so much in the regular season, I guess hard work never pays off, not in this corrupt league.

Jerry West in his Interview said he has many sleepless nights because of of those 12 Finals Appearances Losses.

5. MD_in_Training

For the Rockets? Sure.
    For the rest of the NBA? Hell nah.

6. Voltik

Voltik Member

Hell with all that, I agree with Harden...just call it fair on both sides and see how this plays out. No one is asking to rig it one way or another.

It’s very difficult to beat an all star, greatest ever assembled, and playing their way will not result in wins. We have to do it by playing their weaknesses since we have only 1 all star.

7. Voltik

Voltik Member

Having another possession is huge penalty on the defense, which will result in the same or even more flailing and flopping as the result could be max 6 pts instead of max 4 pts (3 plus foul).

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@Xerobull I already F the NBA but I haven't F the Rox yet. It's been years since I've watched a full non-Rox game. Haven't watched NBA finals in 5+ years. And guess what... none of that mattered, crap has gotten worse. My greatest revelation was that when there is money involved nothing is "fair." WCF G7 bullsh*t non-calls, Lakers get Lebron, "objective" media create and suggest signings/trades (fair play to NOLA!), KD goes to recording breaking champs, players shamelessly ring chase, small markets always do and will continue to get facked, Nike corruption, TANKING, DEN playoff seeding tank, MVP Voter shenanigans, etc... that's just this past year.

Money is a massive role in all of that so as hard as it is just try and support your favorite team, favorite players, and enjoy it for what it is, sports entertainment.

9. conquistador#11

I thought the Kevin Martin rule was enforced to stop people from flailing and making contact to provoke a foul during a shot. They reward golden state and penalize the Rockets. Just don't reward anyone, is that so hard? feels like I've been saying this forever, since big Yao.

10. MystikArkitect

It’s not so much F the NBA as it is not emotionally investing so much in something that can be easily swayed by a few people. MLB, NBA, NFL, Soccer, etc.

I love the Rockets but I’m not letting their results dictate my stress level. If they win, awesome. If they lose, fine. Life goes on.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Incongruity in officiating is the antithesis of competitive sports. You remove abiding by the rules, you get an exhibition, not a competition.

The NBA is LOVING this whole thing. Press, drama, storylines, anger, vitriol, opinion pieces, talking head, headline dominating, hot takes.... The 'heel' sells- just look at 'Pro' Wrestling, and yet another parallel with how the NBA is run.

The kicker is that one of their very own was busted fixing games. There are 20,000 cameras in that damn stadium and the proof is in replays, analysis that anyone can juxtapose at will but the truth stands out. It's bullshit.

12. MystikArkitect

NBA, MLB and NFL are all the same in regards to officiating. NBA might be the worst because it can change from one quarter to the next.

The Rockets problem is that they’ve built an offense that’s reliant to a degree on a good whistle. More so than other teams. They live by the whistle and by the 3. Too much variance.

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

This is how I felt last year. Ultimately decided that I cannot worry about things that are out of my control. Do I believe we have the best team over the past two years? - Yes. Do I believe we should be going for a back-to-back championship run? - Yes. Do I feel we have been treated unfairly by the NBA referees over the past couple of years? - Yes. Is there anything I can do about it? - No. I will not let Adam Silver and his minions ruin my day or life for that matter. On to game 2.

14. Xerobull

MLB and NFL have consistently fixed glaring issues. NBA? Nope. I really can't see how you can argue the point unless you just don't understand it due to lack of information.

That's the whole point of my thread. If they don't reverse this and we don't get a fair shake, I'm not going to 'worry' about it any more. They won't get my viewing time, my merchandise or ticket purchases, my word of mouth advertising (proven to be the most effective form of advertising).

#74 Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  15. MystikArkitect

Yeah? Go ask Saints fans.

MLB where umpires are more emotional than any other ref on the planet?

16. Xerobull

The NFL made a rule change as a direct result of the Saints/Rams game. MLB has replays now.

BamBam likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Red rowdies... yall need to all wear The NBA is rigged shirts. Get this in TV.

BamBam likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

And the NBA has replays, reviews flagrants, and has a 2 minute report.

NFL is just as bad with holding calls and PI. Watt used to get held every single play. They just won’t call it.

I’m a die hard Rockets fan but yesterday I wasn’t even mad about the loss or the officiating. Seek out better shots. Stop making a situation where the chance of getting bailed out by the whistle is higher. The Rockets can beat this team straight up.

I don’t feel like they believe that.

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

After losing the game to the refs, I felt hating to even open up the NBA app. Lost interest in participating any discuss.

I hate the NBA ......well, refs.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I appreciate the challenge. But I can safely say that thousands of hours of my life have been devoted to the Houston Rockets, and I am a grown man. And if THIS season ends on a sour note (championship not required), I ought to look for better things to do with my remaining thousands of hours.

Xerobull likes this.