1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if Hardeb showed up W

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Straight up, big rockets fan and Harden fan here. However, if he had hit his floaters, been more accurate with passing, went at least 40% from field we would’ve won.

He’s a star MVP he has to come with it, fouls or not get buckets be efficient, they can’t hold him, don’t settle for the 3 or rely on refs.

ak99999 and JBAC123 like this.
  2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We will advance 4-2.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is a stupid take.

I doubt it.

4. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

My only real criticism is the last shot, you've got to make it.

But i'll live with our best player getting a fair chance to tie at the end.

I do not believe Green fouled him on that last play, but Thompson clearly fouled him earlier, multiple times.

Harden played a solid all-round game, missed a clutch 3, and that's all I can say.

If anyone needs to "show up" it's Clint Capela

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Isn't it, though?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He needs to play better bottom line

36ppg you can’t have so many games like this

7. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Here is James Harden problem HE HAS TO GET HISSELF IN RHYTHM EARLY but every big game he decides to get everyone involved first.

Every Big Game he does that mess it drives me crazy

8. Wylo

Wylo Member

this is actually a good point. for a rhythm player like Harden, he needs to get in going early in the game. stop being so passive from the start and just attack

N2bnfunn likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good luck with that happening under these ref crews.

10. igotwhipscollectingdust

Harden can’t shoot 9-28 and expect this team to win

bmelo, gmoney411, roxallways and 3 others like this.
  11. Jimmy Smith

Jimmy Smith Member

He also pushed off hard on that last possession and they didn't call it. Could've easily been an offensive foul.

bmelo likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

After this postseason no one is going to pick Harden over someone like Kawhi. Dude just becomes a 3 pt chucker and bricker in the playoffs.

bmelo likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Dude, we can't rely on the Rockets winning by drawing 3 pt fouls. We need to make shots flat out.

This team heavily relies on the refs calling fouls.

Harden needs to turn his playoff game into a shot maker rather than a foul baiter.

90% of Harden's 3 pt attempts, he takes the 3 pt attempt expecting to get 3 fta from it. Refs eventually are just not going to call it.

GermanRoxFan, jboslett and Supamanu like this.
  14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It’s clear y’all never ran point or been any type of playmaker. Harden always tries to get his teammates going in the first quarter.
    It’s extremely beneficial to get them into rhythm for spacing and since they can’t call their own number Harden has to do it.
    Bottom line we got jobbed again and still almost stole a win. Rockets in 6

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If your solution is “the Rockets need to make shots despite being fouled. The fouls don’t matter” then the Rockets don’t have a chance. I agree, the offense was bad. Role players didn’t show up. Harden was mostly bad. There are things that can be improved.

But doesn’t excuse the fact that at the end of the day, in a completely one sided game, the Rockets only lost by 4. The Rockets can’t be expected to overcome that on a consistent basis. If the Warriors were held to the same standard, then sure, you’re right. But they aren’t.

16. fchowd0311

You don't see the 7 year systemic problem in the playoffs of Harden not being able to be a consistent shot maker and heavily relies on whistles?

I just don't see it within Harden. It's hard for me to trust this guy in the playoffs. He lays bricks every postseason and fans still excessively defend him. I don't get it. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.

#16 fchowd0311, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

We’re playing the warriors guys!!! he can’t play average or have multiple 30% shooting nights. It just can’t happen.

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

It will continue to happen as long as 90% of his game is trying to draw fouls from contested step back threes.

Any honest Rocket fan would understand why neutral NBA fans hate watching Harden's predictable slow methodical game of repeating the same thing over and over and over.

Supamanu likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's no question Kawhi would be better for any team. If you watched the game yesterday he got so many good looks and easy buckets. His offense is much more reliable

bmelo likes this.
  20. SemisolidSnake

Who is Hardeb?

don grahamleone and daywalker02 like this.