1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden falling down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Apr 28, 2019.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

He’s falling to keep from landing on the defender’s foot

banzai, Jake Tower, Astrodome and 2 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Stfu

TheRedRanger and roslolian like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

People seriously not getting it, again I am not saying he’s not fouled and shouldn’t fall when he’s legitimately fouled. I am saying, because he actually fouls down when he’s not fouled as well that refs just don’t buy it.

4. smokieethabear

Or get their eyes gouged out.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Refs need to stop ball watch to see if Harden makes it and actually watch the play happening in front of them. NO excuse for that.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Somebody needs to stick their feet in on the Worriers shooters. No more playing nice!

roslolian and bballjunkie like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden jumps forward there, so not sure why ESPN crew all agree that’s a foul all of a sudden.

8. apatel123

apatel123 Member

I feel salty like jazz fans

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It happened 4 times!

Harden was robbed of 10 free throws or potentially more as aren't those suppose to be flagrant?

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If this is true and the refs aren't calling these because Harden falls too much, my answer is the same as it was back in the Ginobili days....

It's still their fault for calling fouls just because guys fall!

You don't call a foul because someone fell, you call a foul because of the nature of the contact! Good grief, Charlie Brown!

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe , but I think it's pretty clear when Hardens body is straight up and down no ?

Like it's pretty easy to see it live when he contorts his body vs when he's straight up and down

12. Handles

Handles Member

I think the next time they undercut harden, harden should just come straight back down and smack his elbows on the defender’s shoulders/head. Just hold the shooting form strong and come straight down on top of the defender. They will have to call a foul on someone, likely the defender as long as harden comes straight down.

13. riko

riko Member

It was so bad that the nbas head refree was calling them out on live tv but some troll who is a undercover warrior fan or probably a harden hater / Lin fan thinks otherwise . Go away jackass we don’t have to the patience this afternoon

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden relies on fouls. You can't win in the playoffs that way, as he's proven time and time again.

javal_lon likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

You'd think yes, I'm just saying like Steve Javie was saying that referees might take Harden "trying to fool them" down into consideration. They don't want to be embarrassed and Harden whether you like it or not, complains a lot and falls down a lot too. He does trick the refs so I'm saying this is probably a negative consequence of that. And on that last three, I think it's arguable that Harden went for the FTs rather than trying to make the shot. He also jumped forward and since Harden does have a tendency to look for fouls rather than make the shot, I'm glad they don't call it. He needs to learn from that.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Does Chris Paul? He was fouled multiple times on 3's. This game was a really bad look for the league. I guess now you can run underneath shooters? We should ZaZa Pachulia Curry and Durant.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fortunately, I think they embarrassed themselves plenty today.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Most of those are clearly flops... He does it so much you immediately think it's his natural way of landing.. It's not!

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then what both parties need to do is sack the **** up and agree to no more flopping . If the refs look at the replay and had erroneously given harden the call then they should tech him up . They are allowed to do that .

That way the other team gets one point back and harden can't do it again otherwise he's ejected .... seems simple enough no ?

20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

They DAMN sure see those itty bitty heels touching the outlines though!!! They don’t miss those!!!!

BamBam likes this.