1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch Out For Mike Callahan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Apr 27, 2019.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

I see many negative comments about Scott Foster on this board, but please recall that it was the combo of Foster and Callahan that took down the Rockets last year against GS. The NBA won’t use Foster this series due to the Harden/Paul issue, but I guarantee you they sneak Callahan in there as an insurance policy.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Watch out for all the corrupt refs! Some more than others.

And, I believe, Foster will ref at least one game this series.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm open to any members here attempting to lay out any convincing arguments for how the league office would possibly forego GS in the last two rounds of the playoffs

4. dwhite

dwhite Member

I believe there are only two truly corrupt officials and that is Foster and Callahan. Not sure if Tony Brothers is corrupt or just seriously sucks....hedging towards the latter, as he usually calls games poorly for both teams.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Refs did not “take down” the rockets against gs last year. Stop with this.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. dwhite

dwhite Member

Disagree....please rewatch games 6 and 7 and then make your call. I am the last person in the world who blames refs for losing our games, but it was seriously blatent in those two games that something was going on. Please do not give me the 0-27 on threes argument, as Harden made what should have been a nail in the coffin 3 pointer and got fouled only to have them waive the possible 4 point play off for a side out (amongst several no calls on Harden threes and Gordan layups, and touch fouls on Durant that were a joke) when we had a chance to go up big at home. There was an over and back not called on GS wiyh 3 minutes left to play and Jordan Bell ran right into Harden and fouled him preventing a chance to block or defend a critical Curry corner three pointer....to just name a few.

Earnie Banks, jcf, BigShasta and 9 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dont forget tony brothers, hes guaranteed one of games 3 , 4 or 6

desihooper likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Foster hasn’t worked since Tuesday so it’s almost guaranteed he works tomorrow. However, he’s already done a Golden State game and hasn’t done either a Boston or Milwaukee game so I’d bet on him being at that one instead of our game.

We’ll get him at least once this series though as we’re the only team left he hasn’t done a game for. He and Brothers were the most used refs in the league this season and I doubt the NBA keeps him from us for too long. My guess is Game 2.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So, the refs forced the rockets to go 0-27 from three in game 7? Did that not have more to do with the loss than “no calls”? Did the refs also injure Chris Paul? Cmon bro, it’s a bad look to whine over calls.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

Rocket River, vince, chadyang and 6 others like this.
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate that I agree with this. For sure we'd rather see Brothers on the road than in Houston!!
    You'd think it'd be either game 1 or game 5. If Foster doesn't get game 1, and the Rockets win, Game 2 would be too fishy. The NBA probably don't want to send Foster to Houston. Game 5 could be a huge swing game assuming it is 2-2, and Game 7 would just be the ultimate FU troll move.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I’m just gonna leave this thread. I can’t take the conspiracy theorists man. Like, why do you even watch if you believe the league office pre determines outcomes?

heypartner likes this.
  14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Even going 0 for 27 we still should have won. There where multiple fouls where Harden should have got free throws and one that counted but they kept saying side out. I remember the Curry corner three clear as day also. They are hard enough to beat straight up with all the talent but when the refs are calling it so one sided they are impossible to beat.

diehardrockets likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

giphy-1.gif

#15 Os Trigonum, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Remlap, chadyang and T for 3 like this.
  16. macan

macan Member

dont forget tony bros is a killer as well

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

Conspiracy theorist? Nah.
    It was you who dismissed the notion that poor officiating negatively impacted those deciding games for the Rockets.
    I just posted video evidence in response.

If you watched the video then the only argument left is either you believe those were all good calls/noncalls
    or you believe poor officiating has no impact on the outcome of games.

I'm interested to know which it is.

luckyman76 and diehardrockets like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro our playoff record w/ each foster and brothers the past few seasons is i believe 0-7 and 0-6 respectively.... conspiracy fact?

personally i still watch b/c despite the bullshit from NBA Entertainment, Inc., the players themselves are still legit and quite frankly masters of their craft. i am still in awe every time i watch harden/cp3 for instance

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This video is still so painful to watch. Even with all the bullshit, Rockets were up in that game. I pray that Harden doesn't think this series will be called fairly and not look to the ref to make calls. Don't hunt for Arms and reaches, just hoop. Push through the corruption.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It wasn't a "one or the other" issue.

Rockets shot -50% from 3, Paul was injured and..... the refs were calling some seriously sketchy crap, enough that there are Youtube videos about it. You should go yell at those videos.