1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Everyone that was brought back to life didn’t age. They essentially time traveled 5 years into the future. Ant Man’s daughter survived Thanos’s snap and therefore aged.

2. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Might want to spoiler that

Did Ned die? Even so the build up seemed more like Ned being happy to see Peter alive again not a reaction of wow we made it back

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unless I am missing something that may be a mistake.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

- Stan Lee was driving a hot rod outside the Army base and yelled 'make love not war' or something at the soldier at the front gate

- I took Dr Strange holding up the one finger to signal to Iron Man that the 1 in 14 million scenario where they win, was playing itself into existence at that moment

- Thought the all female cast to protect Captain Marvel was nonsense because a) we didn't need to see how great females are since it's been a part of practically every movie already and b) why on earth would Captain Marvel of all characters need the help of someone wielding a spear.

My own question:
    At the funeral, where the camera is panning between the mourners for Iron Man, right towards the end there's a lone teenage-ish aged male standing by himself, I can only imagine there's some point to him being there but for the life of me I have no idea who it is.

arkoe likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This forum isn't a free-for-all without decorum. If you continuously break that then the consequences are on you. I've seen the movie, but it's only been out for a day. Intentionally not using spoiler tags in answers to spoiler tagged questions is a jerk move.

Eric Riley, Ziggy, tinman and 2 others like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

]Per Peter's conversation with Tony on the battlefield, he was aware that he got dusted. So he and Ned both were aware, and were probably just happy to see each other. They're besties.

@Big Uns Now -you- have to go back and spoiler the thing you quoted. :p

7. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

I get that, but were all of the spideyverse dusted and returned? Otherwise how do you pull off his next movie? And like I said, it looked more like Ned was surprised and happy to see Peter returned.....in high school. /

8. Xerobull

The only way it works was May and Ned getting dusted. We'll find out about MJ, Flash and Gwen in the next movie, I'm sure. And they gotta go back to school. They're kids.

I've been spending the past day or so reading online commentary, theories and explanations. ONE thing that EVERY person is missing....

Cap goes back to put the stones back in place. He has to replace the Soul Stone, which rules are, 'a soul for a soul'. Which soul is hanging out there? Black Widow's. He HAS to save her to put the Soul Stone back. It's so utterly black and white to me that it's amazing that no one has picked up on this. She's going to live. She also has a movie coming out, so...you know, this makes total sense. This also ties into something that is very confusing for some people- they think that because the Soul Stone is gone that Gamora should live, but due to the stones being placed back, the events of Infinity War still happen.

Sidebar on that: Cap will run into Red Skull, which is something I have seen. I hope to see this all play out.

#1028 Xerobull, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Common courtesy to wait past the first weekend to start talking about spoilers openly.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah he did.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I see what you're saying; 1) Black Widow's movie is a prequel. 2) They stated in the movie that the rule is you can't reverse a soul stone death. I'm going to have to go with the movie on this one and assume that she is gone. It's a fitting ending for her, she saved the universe, her best friend, and her family. After all the talk of how "useless" she is versus this or that villain, she proved she was an Avenger.

Time will tell, but I think she's done. I also don't think they'd say the new movie is a prequel if it wasn't. Also a Black Widow solo movie really only WORKS if it's a spy movie of sorts where she is fighting against other humans.

mikol13 and Kim like this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They decided that they would focus on certain people in certain movies. The focus was on the guardians in Infinity War and Wakanda in the first movie. Thus no Hawkeye or Antman, and that's why Hawkeye and Antman were a focus of this movie.

Strange was telling Iron Man this was the 1 in a 14.6 million shot where they win and to go all-in. Previously when Stark asked about it, he told him it wouldn't happen if he told him. He clearly meant at that moment, because he certainly told him when the time was right.

I was wondering that too! Thor in Guardians 3 would be exciting! Or Thor 4, but I believe Guardians 3 will come first.

It was in the 70s, Stan Lee drove by in a car and made a cute one liner, I forget exactly what he said.

Epic movie.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So...while I love the movie, I have complaints -- I'm interested in others' thoughts on this:

They nerfed the ever-living **** out of Stormbreaker. In Infinity War Stormbreaker goes through the power of the entire gauntlet, here Thanos with no stones had no issues repelling it. Can this be explained away by Thor kind of being not-so-Thor-ish after being depressed for 5 years?

While I can understand Hulk holding the time stone (how powerful he is, and it emanating gamma energy apparently), but he didn't even flinch. Thanos flinched every time while he had the Gauntlet, and it was clearly shown he's much more powerful than Hulk.

Which brings me to...WHAT THE ****? WHY CAN HAWKEYE HOLD AN INFINITY STONE? I realize the Soul Stone "gives itself" to someone, but...this **** just makes no sense based on the rules they've laid out in previous films.

Also, future Nebula knew that Thanos sacrificed Gamora for the soul stone, or she had to have had some idea. She didn't think to warn the two ****ing humans charged with getting it?

Also...why the **** are the two people with no powers in 1 team together to get an infinity stone? Hi, does this make sense to anyone else? No? Okay.

With all that said...I still loved the movie.
    Wooo Time Heistttt. Hail Hydra, that IS America's ass.

arkoe likes this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

First couple, I thought it was.

15. Xerobull

Well, they said

that they couldn't use the stones to reverse the soul stone rule. There's nothing that says that there can't be a return/refund. And I haven't seen ANY official synopsis of the BW movie. Everyone is just assuming it's a prequel, but I think it will be both a flashback heavy movie and set in the modern times. I'm sticking to my theory here. It's strong and it makes sense.You don't see any other bodies down there in Infinity War, yet the stone is back.

Good points...

Great point on holding the stones because they made such a big deal about it in the other movies. Maybe Hawkeye 'earned' the right to hold the one he got through his sacrifice. Sort of seems like a ripoff to pay for something you can't use. And they all knew that one of them would have to die to get the Soul Stone- this movie asked us to make intuitive leaps constantly (part of why I loved it, I hate telegraphing/lead the audience movies). But both BW and Hawkeye/Ronin thought THEY would be the ones sacrificing themselves. Heck, I figured it would be Hawkeye due to his death wish, which we saw manifest when he jumped at the chance to test the time traveling. But they showed that BW had the resolve to do whatever it took in her leadership of the galactic Avengers or whatever they were during the five year gap. Thats why those two went- it didn't really require super powers. It was just sacrifice.

Great point on Stormbreaker. Sort of a 'Superman is as strong or as weak as the plot demands' deus ex machina. But now that I think about it, half the plot of Ragnarok was about Thor's power being all about himself, so they set the precedence that he had to 'believe', which does jibe with him being a morose, lazy 20 year old at the beginning of Endgame.

Maybe I completely missed something (no sarcasm), but Hulk was shaking like a leaf when he put the gauntlet on, to a point where some of the Avengers were starting to step forward to help him. It was way more than a flinch.

Thoughtful points. I need to go watch this again, maybe tomorrow morning, by myself. If I go with my wife I'll lose my ****.

Nick_713, arkoe and seclusion like this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was referring to when Hulk barehanded the time stone. I agree with pretty much everything you said, I guess we'll see with Black Widow. I'm going to catch it in IMAX this weekend sometime.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So I saw it yesterday afternoon in IMAX, and I gotta say I was blown away. IMAX for this movie is a MUST. When Cap picked up Thor's hammer and started going to town on Thanos the whole theater literally went crazy. It was just one of those moments in the theater you'll never forget.

Some points I was just thinking about last night and into this morning though...

Did anyone else feel the whole "fat Thor" was kind of wack? I mean they basically turned him into a fat comedy show.

I know Infinity War was basically Thanos' film, but I wish I could have seen more screen time with him in this film. Josh Brolin was just incredible.

Also I have to say I'm a little confused about the whole time travel aspect to it. So Captain America basically goes back to the 40's and gets his dance and life with Peggy? Does this negate the whole Captain America story line that we've known? I mean don't get me wrong, I was happy for Cap but it would seem that it would negate all the other Captain America movies. Also wouldn't it mess with the timeline? Idk maybe I'm way off.

Overall I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10. It was just a masterpiece. The last hour of the movie will go down as the most epic hour in cinematic history.

University Blue likes this.
  18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

with everything that happened after the snap I would imagine that things kind of shut down. Maybe it took a year or so to get things rolling again. Sports were no more do it's not unimaginable that schools were shut down for some time. .. or maybe that was community college

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone see it in imax ?

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why not just make a spoilers thread. 90% of the discussion now is spoilery type stuff