1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets had kept Lou Will, Montrezl, & Bev instead of trading for CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 16, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is Harrell and Lou are outscoring Harden and Paul in the playoffs, and at much higher percentages. Lou is .400 from the 3 and .506 FG%. Harrell is shooting .750. If GSW's defense is allowing that, then it gives me hope that our guys will shoot better when we face GSW. Paul's 3PT% is terrible in the playoffs so far at .214. Time to rest, prepare, and whoop some GSW butt once and for all. Go Rockets!!##
    . ​

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Rockets had to include Trez to make the money work. Not bc West got the best of Morey. Morey did everything he could to try to keep him but couldn’t find a way.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't get it. I've said repeatedly the only real loss in that deal was Harrell and he's been somewhat replaced by Faried(although he certainly would've been useful last year). Lou was not very good in the 2017 postseason for us and he's awful defensively. Bev was hurt almost all of last year. And Dekker is a scrub. Meanwhile CP3 helped lead us to 65 wins and one victory away from the title. And we're primed now to challenge the Warriors yet again this season.

It's a trade that worked out great for both teams. Can't we just be happy about that and move on?

BaselineFade, rhee, naldodiaz and 6 others like this.
  4. Pete the Cheat

Lou didn’t want to be here. He seems more concerned with the security of his role on a team and perception than actual team success judging my his pressers. Congrats to them on the wins, miss Trez and Bev, but Lou didn’t fit

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It doesn't work that way.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Getting cp3 was the right thing . the mistake was giving him that monstrous contract

7. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

I still think Pat is a better fit here..you can question that dude Hussle & Fight...

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think he ever would have come here without that contract though. It was reported that the current contract was agreed to prior to the trade, and that it was part of the deal.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

This is why we made the trade. You get a good game out of the 2 guards every now and again, but that’s it. Trez we wanted to keep, so let’s dead this thread.

BaselineFade likes this.