1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Should Have Gone to the Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Xerobull, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ready made team for him to slide in to. They would have been a top three seed this year, possibly #1. Great coach, GREAT role players (they're ALL role players!)...and I can't believe it, MUCH better organization than the Lakers. Still in LA to further his career...I know the Clippers could have made the cap numbers work somehow.

I'm glad he didn't, but man, it would have been crazy.

BigMaloe, s3ts, OmegaSupreme and 2 others like this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think Lou Williams is not a role player. He has to dominate the ball in order to be effective. That's why he is coming off the bench.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Damn, dawg. I ain't even think about that.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

LBJ added to the existing Clippers team? Whoa, they would have been scary.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

I do agree that Lebron is too ball-dominant. Lou Will would lose a lot of his rhythm if he turned into just a spot-up shooter, and so would Lebron.

Lebron is also uncoachable, apparently.

ghettocheeze and Koperboy like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're not wrong.

7. Mr. Space City

Lebron should have taken the veteran minimum to be the 6th man for the Houston Rockets

juanm34 and smokieethabear like this.
  8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Then Clippers wouldn't have made the playoffs.

AWIN, ghettocheeze, Patience and 3 others like this.
  9. HROZ

HROZ Member

Man LeBron doesn't want to be boo'd while throwing out the 1st pitch at a dodgers game.

He doesn't want to play a home game where the crowd supports the other team over his.

Clippers have a long way to go.
    And the Kobe fans would really have Shat on him if he went to the clippers.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And here he is, after eight straight finals appearances, watching the playoffs with the rest of us schmucks.

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Lebron didn't go to the Lakers to win. He went to strengthen his "brand"

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Come on.... don't give LBJ any ideas. Let him suffer on the Lakers. I kinda like it this way

BamBam likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

as if lebron is gonna go to the team who will live in the lakers shadow. and thats even when the lakers suck

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Wasn’t an option for lbj, as the clips have a coach who wouldn’t be one of his puppets.
    That is why he chose to go the that dumpster fire LAL & not with any of the real contenders.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

WRONG.

LeGM would have gutted this team by the trade deadline to bring in his guys.

The reason the Clippers are playing so good right now is because they removed all distractions and let a bunch of role players come together and do their job.

They have no superstar ego to feed and thus Doc Rivers can coach them into whatever mold he wants.

LeBron would never fit in with this philosophy. He would always command the ball and then complain and throw guys under the bus when they struggled because of his style of play.

Right now, the Clippers offense is free flowing where everyone can take the shot. Lou and Gallo are the primaries, but even Beverly is free to pull the trigger from 3PT whenever he wants. That would never happen under LeBron.

I bet the Lakers trio of Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma would be more productive right now had the Lakers not acquired LeBron and just let Walton coach up these young developing players the right way.

LeBron is a lot of great things. A good mentor to young inexperienced players, he is not.