1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets had kept Lou Will, Montrezl, & Bev instead of trading for CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 16, 2019.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Lou is god, but at the same time you don’t win titles with guys like him getting big minutes. Gerald Green level defender.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not beating GSW without CP3, period.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think he still is (afterall he's 28 and has not a lot of minutes played in his career), if you remember he had a couple of terrific blocks and dunks since he has been here, but overall i agree, Trez is obviously much better cause he's stronger but most importantly can actually play some defense, most of the times Faried is a black hole on one side of the court like we saw lately.

chadyang and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. mig0s

mig0s Member

I think we couldve still got CP3 if we traded Capela instead of Montrezl. Hell maybe we couldve even kept Lou

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh man if we had Montrezl instead of Faried......

6. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I have said it before I didn't like the trade. We gave up to much for cp3 at this age and his history of injuries. But the trade has worked for both sides. For win now if cp3 stays healthy he is what we need. But i had liked the pieces in Harrell and bev and even decker that we had gave up for cp3. I know we wouldnt be where we at without help of cp3 and his elite pg skills and veteran hard headed leadership. Trade works now and we wanna win now with Harden in his prime. But we still gave up to much in my opinion.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

What are you talking about?? Cp3 opted in and Capela was on a rookie contract so no that couldn’t have worked. Either you had to do the deal or you don’t. I liked montrez from the first minute we drafted him and always thought he is the ferocious player we needed vs draymond but you have to get CP3 to win a ring.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Were you raped in that trade, too? Because that might explain your absurdly high level of butthurt.

#128 topfive, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    AroundTheWorld and RudyTBag like this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Montrel was a last minute thing that clippers wouldn’t let go. IIRC. I reallly didn’t want to give him up. His motor is incredible.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never understood why MDA didnt like Harrell, it was beyond frustrating. He was ridiculously good with Harden that year.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets tried to keep Trez IIRC.

Unfortunately, LAC has J.West now so he's no fool. He made sure he did good by his team as he always does and Morey did the best for his team. Thankfully, Morey does a good job filling out the team.

chadyang, YallMean and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, I kept thinking the same. Harrel probably wouldn’t evolve into this good on the rockets

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

He played Harrell. He played Harrell 18 minutes per game. Which is more minutes than Doc gave him his first year with the Clippers.

BigM likes this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

But Clint would be probably ahead of Harrel. Lou was kinda the same in the shadow of James. I think Doc did a good job to unleash the potential out of them

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harrell is a guy you knew was going to be good. In the limited minutes he would play he would always produce. He needed to work on his defense but his finishing at the rim is elite. No one in the NBA right now is more reliable finishing lay ups and dunks, plus his motor is awesome. The guy was tailor made for his offense.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

His motor is off the chart. The one thing I remembered about him being negative was his condition and bone headed plays. He has since improved his stamina I think and cleaned up a lot as he matures with games under his belt.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

All three went to post game interview today, just saying :p

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. Malaya

Malaya Member

MDA would still not play them ...

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Does this thread need to be revisited every time the clippers win a game? Lmao. I’d redo that exact same trade every single time. No question.

20. Buck Turgidson

Haven't read the whole thread, but is the "Rockets never play rookies" thing still happening?

...doesn't matter if they're rookies or not, or if they actually played or not, it's just something for people to randomly blurt out