1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA GameTime Grant Hill reacts to HOUSTON ROCKETS defeat UTAH JAZZ 100-93 l Rockets win series 4-1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

You can't just say ":Golden State is better than Utah so Houston will have more trouble". That isn't how Basketball works. It's all about matchups. See what Williams and Montrez are doing with pick and roll? Now switch Montrez and Williams with Harden and Capela. Not to mention that the Clippers only offensive option IS Williams and Montrez and they still have been doing damage no one saw coming. Meanwhile, we have Gordon, PJ, CP3, and our bench is way better than either team.

I've been saying for a while we can beat Golden State in 5. People can think I'm crazy all they want. We'll see what happens...Assuming Warriors even get to us.

2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I think the regression in the playoffs as Utah adjusted in these 5 games .... just kidding... these are just dumb opinions so rockets and Harden get more press. The more we type harden and rockets, the more hits they gonna get and controversy with grant hill and other talking heads. Who cares. We beat the number 5 team in the west in 5 games. The warriors just lost a second game to the number 8 team... that’s what happened. You can draw any conclusions you want.

buck711 and WestendMassive like this.
  3. farhen

farhen Member

I presume he only sees the highlights

Bearded13 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His ability to defend a Harden who had just been turned loose on the rim, plus defend Capela on the same possession... that was flat out amazing. Their problem is offense. They need a new offense or a new set of shooters to surround Rudy&Mitchell.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've felt like we'd sweep the Warriors, but we might be playing the Clippers next round.

CCity Zero and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I hope they never figure it out, and I'm glad we don't have to worry about him again for a long time.

The "centers" that can change a game with defense...him and Whiteside?

DaDakota and don grahamleone like this.
  7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

2 blowout wins, close game in game 3, dropped one in the toughest arena to play at and closed the series at home.

Last year in the 1st round. 3 points win in game 1, double digit win in game 2, dropped one in Minny, close game in game 4 until the 3rd quarter where the team scored 50 points and closed the series in game 5 at home.

Grant hill shut your dumbass up bruh, ****ing idiot.

CCity Zero and Bearded13 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

grant hill the ultimate cumpany man lol

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

methinks they had to send foster & brothers b2b to get 2 wins in LA. callahan probably packing for LA right now to conquer the clippers

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Wylo

Wylo Member

why are people so sensitive when PJ Tucker said basically the same thing? if the doggystyle defense gives the Rockets and Harden this much trouble on offense, then yes it is unimpressive. Everybody thought Harden's offense was unstoppable during the regular season. Not so much now.

chadyang likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Not sure. They definitely need some new wrinkles for the next series, and some coach will have to make an adjustment in practice and then again on the fly, but I think we match up with either LAC or GS pretty well.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ppl talk about sweeps too darn much in general.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is what it is. There are still more Jordan Homers than Hakeem fans outside of Texas. The hate is there, just Lady Gaga esque Shallow.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I like the low expectations from the media. And given how the Rockets played in their last 3 games, I think the low expectations are fair. I don't see this level of play being good enough to compete against the Warriors.

Having a healthy Capela and no Gobert to bother Harden in the interior will help.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Jeez I would hate to hear what he says about the Warriors having issues with the Clippers then

16. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

There are a lot of things to consider in this series:
    1. The Rockets were clearly the better team, earned the gentlemen's sweep
    2. jazz defense was effective in games 3-5
    3. Rockets' offense was ugly in games 3-5, admittedly in part due to jazz d
    5. Rockets still won 2 of those games
    6. jazz missed A TON of good looks in games 3-5, especially from 3-point land
    7. So did the Rockets
    8. Clint was sick as a dog for at least one game of this series, maybe more

I had written in a point 4, but deleted it cause it was stupid.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

him and perhaps AD? Whiteside apparently has fallen off the cliff

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member