1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson Game 4 Postgame Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Apr 21, 2019.

1. farhen

farhen Member

enough said, bring it!

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Why does he sound so uninterested?

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

IMO in a game, everything the rules allow is fair. The only object is winning as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind seeing these Warriors whining about an asterisk for a long time.

In fact, even if we won this championship "fair and square" there would be an asterisk on it. People will never get over the fact that Cousins is out (which IMO actually hurts us) and the Warriors don't have their usual chemistry.

Who cares. Win at all costs. I don't care that MJ was missing from both Rockets NBA Finals wins. No one cares that Antoine Carr elbowed Charles Barkley out of a playoff series. No one cares that Tim Donaghy sent the Rockets out of the Mavs series. All that matters is winning.

Even more important, the Warriors know how to irritate us on and off the court. They are masters at these mind games. The Jazz did it well in Game 3, getting into Harden's head, narrowing his focus and either fouling him hard or flopping when he wakes up for a moment. Good thing Harden figured it out. The Warriors won't be within 5 points if Harden is in that state for 3 quarters.

I wish we had Patrick Beverley off the bench. What he's psychologically doing for the Clippers is valuable, but the Clippers just don't have the talent to compete.

DavidRocket likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lulz I thought you was talking about some kind infiltration and stir up ish between Durant and Green and get them to beef.

I doubt they would fall for it coming from the opposing team. I could be wrong.

As far as I go back, Durant had that run in with Green during a Clippers game.

If nothing happened in that series, nothing would happen in the Houston series other than Chris Paul grinning at Kerr again and secretly cursing him.

#64 daywalker02, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's his thing. He might be on the spectrum.

Tfor3, AroundTheWorld and dkim1984 like this.
  6. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

yea tv ratings are down across the playoffs this year that worries me heading into our series with the warriors, dont know how the officiating will be but its not looking good

7. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

I know someone that's tied in with GSW (works with the team and used to be here in OKC). Told me that they wanted to play the Clippers and avoid OKC the day they beat the snot of out LAC in the regular season. They wanted to avoid OKC because of all the KD stuff, not cause they were scared. But I was also told they viewed the Rockets as their toughest competition. They feel they'll crush anyone out East. Also it's not that they're scared of Houston, they know they're better, but GSW feels Houston is the 2nd best team in the league.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you. That is also the feeling of most of the fans here.

But fear the deer, Boston, Philly and Toronto. You never know.

I dun think the Top 3 of the East suck to the level that they are not dangerous.

bmelo likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Warriors vs Rockets is the nba finals. They know what’s up.

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

Ok. But are we not obsessed with the Worriers also?

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was going to post this. Slightly on the spectrum.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Are you really surprised tho? Curry made the same amount of FG harden did yesterday but got no flak.

13. smp

smp Member

Sounds reasonable to me.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they're probably extremely confident in being able to win b/c silver is always there in a pinch if necessary. but also likely don't look forward to playing us because it won't just be a jolly frontrunning celebratory 48min of gesturing and pumping themselves up each game. these artificially elevated theatrical performers dread any kind of struggle. it used to be so much easier just running moving screens and then collect that trophy prior to CP3 & wilt harden teaming up

Voltik likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://global.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26576063/how-klay-thompson-got-team-ready-game-4

[​IMG]

16. Macdaddy91

Macdaddy91 Member

Ya ya ya ya

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden and PJ gonna be watching game 6 in you rent free head Friday

DavidRocket likes this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

But, but...they never think about us, right?

Tfor3 and DavidRocket like this.
  20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Hehe yea they don’t :p
    All they do is think about us. Kerr has had nightmares about Harden since last season. All the comments about his step back and other stuff.

RayRay10 likes this.