1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Interesting thing for the league to look at”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Doris has a problem with this move, then she needs to call it for every player in the league. Westbrook pushes his defenders in not a subtle way almost all the time. Has she or anybody complained against Westy? Don't think so.

vlaurelio, jcf, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George pushes off like crazy...he pushes off way more than Harden, yet hardly ever a peep about it...there’s the occasional “Pushoff P,” but that’s about it

Harden knocks dudes back using his body strength...Paul George constantly just pushes dudes in order to create space

the media better not come after Harden for going 3-20 in a win when Paul George who was also an MVP candidate just went 3-16 and they didn’t say sh*t

3. Naismith

Naismith Member

FOR REAL??????

4. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

#64 rgw20014life, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Bearded13 likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

all the people defending her ass, how many times has any announcer ever done this to a player? Like I said, straight up crickets on everything the jazz did when going to the line.

Sledge187, Bearded13 and rgw20014life like this.
  6. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Why are we worried that a rule change will severely damage beard? He’s shown already that he’s willing to learn, adapt, and find unconvential advantages. He’ll find more, and the coaches and analytics team will help.

Talent begets haters. We’re just jn the swell bc well...Beard is tidal waving.

RayRay10, vlaurelio and BigShasta like this.
  7. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

I also believe it was just a horrible combination. Pasch seemed a little too excited after every Harden miss. 0 for 15! Unbelievable! Feel these Nipples Doris!

Bearded13, Blurr#7 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doris??

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Definitely agree she didn't say only harden does this, but watching how the game was being officiated to that point and then having her say that was pouring salt on the wound. Mitchell was getting absurd calls, so as a fan to hear that it was horrible timing.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t particularly like her commentary either, but don’t they all do this in some form? JvG constantly complains about rules and today’s NBA. It’s comical when he does it, but it’s still genuine and true feelings half the time.

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

You mean the fact that when Ken Mauer officiates our games the foul calls always go against us and he lets the other team get away with bloody murder?

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

O
    prob is I have heard her complains only around Harden plays. I have watched other games with her in the broadcast and all I hear is awe especially with Giannis, gsw and russel.

Bearded13 likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do you think that perhaps you are selectively hearing or not hearing her commentary?

She was gushing over Harden for most of last night. She pointed out him not getting back on defense, his poor decision on one fast break where he tentatively gave up the ball to CP3 rather than look to score, and his acting job on one play (where she observed, rather comically, that even the Rockets bench wasn't buying what Harden was trying to sell to the refs). You really think this is something she'd only do with Harden?

She didn't really get on him at all for the missed shots, but was very generous in expressing admiration for his passing and other ways he was contributing (e.g. the steals).

Sometimes, I think people here just want to believe that people have it in for Harden and they process everything through a filter to enhance that narrative. I don't get it, myself. I enjoy listening to national media broadcasters saying positive things about my team -- that's much more gratifying compared to hearing it from the local crew -- so why ignore all the compliments?

1 other person and daywalker02 like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Because she’s a w**** (too much GoT watching). I already explained why this particular comment was a bit problematic since she just left it at that, feeding into bias of the casual viewer and media driven narrative.

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The Rip Thru rule which all the players hate was created to slow down harden. Coach Pop was the one that suggested it to the league that this rule needed an adjustment because of James Harden. Remember Harden got that move from Tim Duncan who was the master at using it the difference Harden was able to do it on 3 point shots

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol. She was expressing everything that everyone always says. That’s when you know those people don’t even watch the games. They just look at box scores or the highlights. She probably would have complain about Harden’s shot if we were down big but we weren’t. Plus Harden was doing other stuff not just shooting. He was giving assist and helping out in other ways.

I can say I have heard her being bias. Go watch her announce the bucks games where she’s almost drooling every time Giannis touches the ball. I’m not saying she literally drools ;p you could watch a gsw game or her Russel Westbrick, too

And on that play were Harden fell down, he did get held. He wasn’t getting any calls so what else can he do. He just brought some attention. The bench didn’t buy it? She said she didn’t buy his acting. And then a couple plays later they called a foul on Eric and both announcers got annoyed that the Rockets were complaining. Oh yea then they showed the replay.

And especially on that comment about this thread, why is she bringing that stuff up? It isn’t a foul Harden doesn’t extent his arm. Why does she want the league to look into it. That’s just like his step back, where they keep saying it’s a travel ( yes most of the media still says he gets away with it) oh yea and who has said Harden step back is a travel ? Doris Freaking Burke. So instead of attacking a fellow member. Go watch some games and not just focus on the compliments. I heard compliments and complains. But a lot of complaining comes towards our team. And we just were pointing it out, don’t take it personal :rolleyes:

Voltik and Bearded13 like this.
  17. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

She did talk a lot of crap as did the other announcer who put a dig at the Rockets. "For once the Rockets are not complaining about a call". Doris flip flopped on that tack on Harden. First said flagrant and then went to common foul. She was on my nerves the whole game. Not one positive comment all night.

pippendagimp and Bearded13 like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Stop whining we won.

DD

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

She got on both teams for complaining, because they were doing it on *every* call.

She was inconclusive on the flagrant after watching the replay, and almost agreed with Plasch when he actually argued that it should be a flagrant. But then the officials decided it’s not a flagrant, so how is this evidence of anti-Rockets bias on the broadcasting team’s part?

Not one positive comment all night, lol are you serious? This is exactly what I was talking about when I said it seems like some posters watch these broadcasts with a filter.

20. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I've been reading the hate on Rockets fans for like the last year...