1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EG's defense Appreciation Threads

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Apr 14, 2019.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

EG's defense against Mitchell tonight is very good, very reasonable physical antagonism, very aggressive defensive oppression, and does not give Mitchell any chance to display his talent.

He left Mitchell at a loss throughout the first half. When the ball reached Mitchell, the Jazz's offensive rhythm stagnated.

Even I can feel Mitchell is very afraid of EG's defense, wow, what a wonderful EG.

Finally, I pray that we don't mess up the situation in the second half.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

What a wonderful EG!!!!

Hang an EG photo in front of Mitchell's bed, I think Mitchell has nightmares every night.

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Hey guys should we trade the guy that shoots 40% from 3 and defends the best player on the other team every night?????
    Dumb F's on this site I swear!
    The most underpaid player on this team, he can get 15-18 mil a year easy in free agency

5. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

EGo has always been an above average to good man to man defender and average team defender, but man has he really stepped it up this post season.

PhilCollins, hakeem94, saleem and 2 others like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much this, even though i'd actually say that he's on ball defense has always been pretty good, if not great actually, and yeah, sometimes he gets lost when he needs to swtich but overall i like his defense, there are not a lot of two way players as good as him in the spot.

D-rock, saleem and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

“What a wonderful EG” is my new favorite expression!

I hope we’ll have plenty of chances to use it this postseason.

Eric Gordon really is showing big flashes of superstarism right now.

Hakeemtheking, PhilCollins and D-rock like this.
  8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

But I thought Gordon wasnt having fun and Morey failed at trading him at the deadline? Gotta love the GARM. The most over reaction forum in history.

PhilCollins likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was worried he would struggle against the bigger and younger Mitchell. Eric has been just great.
    Go Eric!
    Go Houston Rockets!

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was worried he would struggle against the bigger and younger Mitchell. Eric has been just great.
    Go Eric!
    Go Houston Rockets!

11. HROZ

HROZ Member

All along I've been saying I think we can beat the GSW if we get someone who can guard Durant.

I'm really hoping we already had that guy in Gordon.

After seeing Beverley's job on Durant. I'm starting to believe Gordon's height won't stop him from slowing Durant down.
    House Gordon tag team effort on Durant has got me excited.

12. Nivos

Nivos Member

Anyone got a clip of EG defense against the jazz?
    That'll be cool to see

13. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, the whole team has a different energy. I think they're feelin' it. I think they're looking at that trophy and saying, "Yep, we can take that home. We ARE taking that home."

Hakeemtheking and Scola Scoops like this.
  14. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

he's having fun

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Saw this post referenced (thanks) and realized I should do an edit.

Gordon in the playoffs seems to have found another gear when it comes to how quick he is. Not only quick when guarding Mitchell, but quick hauling buns nearly the length of the court getting to a loose ball before a Jazz guy could. Looked at the play again (thank you, DVR) and it was Mitchell. Mitchell! Eric outran the young, very fast Utah star almost the length of the court to get to there first, screening off Mitchell as he did, and it surprised me one hell of a lot. This is a guy who’s had gimpy legs at different times during his career, one of the reasons Morey was able to sign him to a deal that undervalues what he brings, in my opinion. Could be that the Rockets staff deserve some credit for that. Keith Jones has gotten some criticism from time to time, but when he’s done something right, he deserves the credit.

I’ll add that Eric deserves to be a starter. Sure, at some point, maybe his size is an issue, but it wasn’t against Utah, and it won’t be against the winner of the now tight LA/Oakland series, in my opinion. Gordo could start for many teams at the 2 and we are very lucky to have him. An under commented on “get” by Daryl Morey, in my opinion, that’s made a huge, positive impact on our team.

#15 Deckard, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Kim, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

EG definitely did a solid job on mitchell all series long

Deckard, hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

He's a little bull dog, that's for sure. The effort is there without a doubt.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

EG was terrific this series.

19. mockster

mockster Member

EG really does have great defense though. He never backs down and he always puts a body on somebody, very physical.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member