1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salt Lake City is VERY SALTY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 16, 2019.

1. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

In the article,

"This shot, coming off a step back or complex dribble move, has transformed the NBA, from the pick and roll to theories about offensive gravity in determining floor spacing."

Sort of, its true about the spacing but the pick n roll is still very effective. Harden and Capela have the best pick n roll since stockton and malone and Capela and Harden are both better finishers at the rim. ****, Capela and Harden may be better than Stockton and Malone but some how they didn't notice that. I need some analytics on the stockton/malone pick n roll vs Harden/Capela, that would have been more useful salty salt lake town.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I like how the comments in the article are all against him... you'd think it'd be the other way around on a Jazz site.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and jch1911 like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. All those Jerry Sloan teams that would foul on every play and just wear the refs down until they eventually stopped calling them. THAT is ugly basketball, not watching Dr. Harden take his scalpel and methodically open up a defense.

Blurr#7 and Rokman like this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Jae F'n Crowder, in twenty minutes off the bench, had four more free throw attempts than Harden.

5. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I didn't know Don MacLean writes for Salt Lake City Hoops.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He sounds very perceptive in talking about Curry's game, and very unperceptive about Harden's. I guess I'd say:

One, Harden isn't doing anything differently in terms of forcing contact as umpteen other players have done from time immemorial. It isn't new at all. Harden is good at it, I'd say in part because he is built like a bull and has the core strength to keep control of his body despite contact.

Two, and related, we won't see a bunch of copy-cats follow because future players won't be as good at it as Harden is, just like past player's have not been. The game won't change.

Three, that's only part of his success. He didn't get a bunch of calls in Game 1. And, the unusual defense was not ceding a drive to avoid fouls but was meant to take away the 3 and funnel Harden into Gobert. He just found a different way to defeat that defensive strategy. I don't think there's anything 'bad for the game' there. Actually, I think it's beautiful to watch how he bends the defense. That is something else his supposed copycats won't be able to emulate.

D-rock, fchowd0311 and topfive like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Excellent post, JV. Great points.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Didn't read either, just know Jazz fans should be salty. Their team hasn't *gotten
    better since last season. In fact they have regressed. Such promise after last season.

Just to suck.

*Grammer

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I thought that was the most telling part of the article... almost all of the commenters were roasting the guy

Louka likes this.
  10. Handles

Handles Member

Is that what he’s saying? I wouldn’t call that undeniable... wouldn’t free throw rate disagree?

Harden is AMAZING at drawing the whistle and forcing defenders into lose-lose positioning, but where I disconnect with you is when you say harden is better than anyone at getting refs to whistle in his favor. Harden’s volume helps a lot there, but per shot there are dudes better than harden at that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Jazz fans are finding ways to complain about the Rockets and how they don't like the way they play

[​IMG]

Roc Paint and hakeem94 like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

*Grammar and spelling ;)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I will feel the same way as this writer or the Jazz delusional fans if a one-man wrecking crew tells me what he's going to do, and yet I still couldn't stop him from doing what he said he is going to do. Jazz is not alone, it's what James-the-Beard-Harden does to every team in the league. CF please, show a little class and don't bash this writer and/or the Jazz delusional fans too much for being salty.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I guess they slept through the Malone and Stockton years? o_O

D-rock likes this.
  15. YaoMingsSoulja

It's to late, players are already copying him on this. Poor salty fan.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

While that is true, I believe all the guys who draw fouls at a higher rate (per shot attempt) are bigs who play close to the basket where there will naturally be a lot more contact. Harden’s foul drawing rate, as a guard, is pretty unprecedented.

17. Handles

Handles Member

Idk, Jordan has done it as well. Same with Dwade, especially in the finals... I wouldn’t call it unprecedented either. I’d just say Harden is really freaking good at it, full stop.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I haven't checked the numbers recently. You could be right.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can attest that Salt Lake is not actually this salty, this guy is just the pinnacle of dumb.

I've lived in Utah for 4 Rockets-Jazz playoff series now, and this is the one where Utah fans have given up and "dont want to talk about it". Ohhh yeahhh.

Jontro and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I bet they’re not as salty as Democrats

Go Rockets!