1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

37.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

31.5%
  3. Warriors in 6

9.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.7%
  5. Clippers in 7

8.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

2.7%
  7. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clippers in 4

8.2%
  1. YaoMingsSoulja

that was the best comeback ive ever seen. I still love my ex rockets BEV MONTREZL AND SWEET LOU!!!!!!!!!!

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny. I was legit asking. Didn't want to bother researching.

It's plausible Rockets without Paul are better, but since Chris is already here (and performing), the main thing is health.

The West is ripe for the picking and we got skills.

Hakeemtheking and roslolian like this.
  3. Asian Sensation

Lou wasn’t a perfect fit because we had other personnel that brought similar things to the table and Harden does everything better than Lou. Unless you’re arguing against that there’s no way Lou was ever going to be a perfect fit here no matter how you change the rotation/minutes.

This is why I was and am Pro CP3 trade. When we flipped Bev/Lou for CP3 we more than killed 2 birds with one stone. CP3 brings the best of what both Bev and Lou can do plus more. CP3 can D up like Bev and score if need be like Lou (yes I know Lou is the better pure scorer) and Bev can’t handle the rock anywhere near like Paul (not even close) and Lou can’t create for others like Paul (not close either).

Lou’s showing what he can do as a starter & primary option and I’m happy to see him thriving. He wasn’t ever gonna be that for us no matter what you’re saying.

rantsolpuella13 likes this.
  4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Just woke up in the middle of the night to find out about this epic comeback. I watched the highlights on YouTube. I low key love this Clippers team. Shai Gildeous Alexander looks fantastic. Shamet is a knock down shooter. And we all know about Montrezl, Sweet Lou, and Pat Bev. What an incredible comeback. The Warriors will probably still win in 5, but at least they bleed. Now Boogie could be out a while and Kevin Durant already looks mentally gone from this team, only Steph and Klay were even trying towards the end.

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The warriors shouldn't be worried though, the x factors (Iggy) is still on the team :rolleyes:

6. shlhl

shlhl Member

We should keep BEV MONTREZL AND SWEET LOU! instead of injury prone CP.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

First, I don't think Lou is better than CP3. This is not a measuring stick between who is better between those two.

I'm saying for that 2017 team Lou wasn't utilized the way he should have been. Rockets did not have other personnel that brought similar things to the table. That's crazy talk. EG is a HORRIBLE playmaker. When EG and Lou ran the second team Lou would just stand in the corner and wait for a pass that would never come because EG didn't pass.

If EG was inserted into the starting lineup and Bev moved to the bench, Lou would have all the touches and would have been the Harden of the bench. Pass like Harden, score like Harden, draw fouls like Harden. Just like he is doing in LA off the bench. Lou is not starting by the way, Lou and Montrezl come off the bench for the Clippers.

I'm not going to talk about this anymore because I don't think you are following what I'm saying.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Yeah agree to disagree. I like our team more than last year and much more than 2017 so it’s all in the past anyways. Back on topic Warriors lost so cheers to that.

Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also health is a big concern with Bev, much more than Cp3 since Bev has a major injury for the past couple of years.

Lou has been great ever since he got traded but he played like **** except for his very first game. No way you expect Morey to sit still on that trade Rox got a ring to win.

Plus the biggest benefit of Cp3 is my man Tucker who only signed wih the Rox because of Cp3. As a role player he has been more valuable than Bev and Lou combined imo.

Houstunna likes this.
  10. HROZ

HROZ Member

Lou weakens our defence. And he is the main reason you switch back don't forget. And he is 32 and relies on his athleticism.

chadyang likes this.
  11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Yes we do. And big shout out to Bevdog for getting under KD's skin and bugging the Heck out of them.

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[​IMG]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ya great, you prolly think the series is won in 3 games.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Ooh hell yeah, now this was crazy. I watched until the 30 point deficit and just went to the score and was like what?!?!?! Great that it's all former Rockets contributing and Beverley definitely had an effect tonight. That steal on Curry and KD was shook for sure.

The refs definitely went with the momentum, except those last 2 fouls on Beverley were bullshit. Congrats Lou and Harrell on carrying the Clippers! If they get that 3rd game, then we have a series. Right now it's just one game.

By the way, Derek Fisher was like Beverley, really Shaq and Kenny??? Come on now, he couldn't intimidate a pussycat if he tried. Gallo needs to step up like Webber said and he did a bit in the 2nd half. They better not use the Cousins injury as an excuse.

#654 JW86, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    clutchdabear and BigShasta like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lou Williams has a 32.4% usage rate this year. People think he would ever get that amount of touches if he had stayed in Houston? Lol, hell nah, not even close.

He’s shining in LA because they lack creators and perimeter scorers so he’s allowed to do his thing and be the engine for their offense. Here he would be competing with Harden and EG for shots and touches...

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

GS shot 45 effing freethrows and still lost.

I.am.deadddddddd.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That Clippers bunch should get a ton of credit for battling the Worriers the way they did. What an epic win! 30 years from now, Harrell and Williams can tell their grandchildren about a very special night back in 2019. A lesson to be learned, you always respect the opposition, no matter how weak they may be compared to you.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the worriers making history again!

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member