1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Opened a School That Was Considered an Experiment. It’s Showing Promise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/education/lebron-james-school-ohio.html#commentsContainer

Spending more money on kids seems to help them do better in school.

Emtenndo, gatsby, amaru and 4 others like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It sounds like schools have to make up for emotional support some parents lack.

Not blaming the parents directly, more commenting on the burden all schools are going through but aren't officially handling.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

salute to LeBron for this

I’ll always have love for Bron while the rest of CF stays hating

Emtenndo, gatsby, BeBreezy and 3 others like this.
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Seriously, playing "We Are Family" as the kids enter the school? The pussification of America's youth continues...Kobe would've had GG Allin blaring over the PA system and personally broken a beer bottle over each kid's head.

Relativist and Game7 like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah because Kobe had such a hard childhood life with so many obstacles.

Roomba, Emtenndo, Elephant810 and 4 others like this.
  6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That’s awesome...need a lot more schools like this. Schools are great places to learn(of course) but they don’t have near the impact they should unless the family makes school #1 on the priority list. Yeah you’ll get that 1 in a thousand person that was successful in athletics...or came up with a great idea for a start up...but if the other 999 out of 1000 don’t think school is important and keep hoping for that home run...well that hurts everyone with nothing to fall back on.

saleem and amaru like this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Me too, brother. Bron is a great human being. Dude is just smart. No doubt he would have succeded in life even without BB.

Emtenndo, xaos and Reeko like this.
  8. Handles

Handles Member

Yeah he woulda been a tight end :D

But seriously, I’m very happy I got to see LeBron in his prime. I’ll always be a fan.

Reeko, Hakeemtheking and xaos like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Motivation. If you gave me walk in music, money, gifts and sex for doing well, I do well. If you give me good grades, I don't really care. Competition is limited but that is a motivator. Increase motivation. Results are what matter. It doesn't matter how you get them. As far as comfort. Yes. I think that helps. Put me in a sofa, with a Ted Ex environment, I'm more likely to listen, and take notes, and do well. Think it works. Education model needs to change. More experiments. I still remember in third grade, where they let you pick your gift to get if you read the books, I picked a stuffed animal. I read the books. I got my stuffed animal and I remember it to this day.

10. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

There's tons of IO stuff out there that could revolutionize schools. Make them more efficient and effective. But without buy in from teachers and politicians, that won't happen.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully the students continue to do well.

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lebron deserves a lot of credit for this initiative.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

Pretty much, they love using that 1:1000 kid as an example. See anyone can do well...he did it.

I’d say it’s as hard for a kid from the ghetto to get a bachelors degree in anything than it is for a kid from means to become a millionaire.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Respect to the King.

15. Game7

Game7 Member

We should hang out sometime. Lol.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Love what he's doing.. But if my high school had the funding of Lebron, they would have turned it into a parking garage...

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Fixed