1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/14/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2019.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

I expect the rockets to beat the jazz in five games, but I don’t have any high expectations against the warriors. I’m hoping for the best, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I think it’s stupid that you’re getting a lot of hate just for having a different opinion. Some people need to chill out and stop being such a homer.

CK Johnson and SF3isBack!! like this.
  2. vick

vick Member

After this series, someone will jump you.

3. vick

vick Member

Rockets by 10 tonight. Rockets in 5. Then take the hated Warriors in 7. This is the Rockets year. Save some money to party on after Rockets have a reunion with the Rockets of 93 94 95.

jcf likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol trade options

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

E56F6274-F7A4-4735-89D2-6BBDC77C8507.jpeg Baby steps to 8:30!

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden needs someone like Chris Paul was last year in the playoffs. Unfortunately Chris Paul isnt playing like Chris Paul this year. And Harden cant close out final games its just a fact. I love the guy but Ive learned to accept it. Our role players are also questionable in big moments. We are the 4th seed and we will be playing a rested GSW team in the second round if we manage to get past a Utah team who hates us and will be playing their best because we ousted them last season. So being realistic judging on how we've played this year where we only win when Harden has a legendary game. Do you really think its likely we go on a deep playoff run? No.... what we should be hoping for is in the offseason to get Harden some help where he doesnt have to be the only guy that can score in order for us to win. We can win but Paul will have to play like last years Paul and not get injured and the role guys will have to ball their hearts out even when Harden is having a bad shooting night. Good luck with that.. I just feel like its just not likely and sort of delusional to expect a championship this year. So I expect them to lose but I do expect morey to do a better job than he did last season and put a winning team around HARDEN who is now in his prime. But thats just my take... whatever.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

trade or free agent those are our only realistic options at winning a ring.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I disagree with this, I think this is a myth that started during the dark ages of this season and has gained a lot of inertia.

Paul is OK. Like you, I'm more worried about Harden. His shot selection sometimes goes haywire in the playoffs. Gordon is the most likely to choke, and we need him. Gordon takes us from a great team to an elite team if he's right.

Gray_Jay and SF3isBack!! like this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I woould ****ing love to be wrong. Im talking about likelyhood. I feel like expecting the Rockets to win this year given where they are is just delusional.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Like who

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree the Rockets hold the key to their own destiny.Gordon has a streaky shot so expecting him to do it every game, I just dont see that either. Ive said they have the talent its just the matter of using it at the right time and finishing what you start. I just dont see that happening this year. Im not a pshycic so ofcourse I could be wrong. Im an adult and I'll be happy to admit being wrong (plus I would love to see the Rockets beat GSW, I just dont think it'll happen this year).

napalm06 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saving my stress for the Warriors. Tonight I plan on enjoying the show. No pressure. We've got this!

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I hope they dont blow the first game, cause it would hurt the rockets.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lifetime .584 FT%. It would be funny if he makes it.

SF3isBack!! and ryano2009 like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ummm. Theres a difference between having low expectation and calling out your team a chocker for losing to one of the greatest team ever assembled.

YOLO likes this.
  17. HookemHorns1250

I don't think many of the fans are "Expecting" to beat a mini dynasty like the Warriors have going. However, to believe that it -could- happen is something completely different. Fans will get excited at this time..let them.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, please...

that moron said he has HOU losing to Utah because they have no fire, are depressed, and don’t care...that is just stupid

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

harden/paul for stef/clay, amirite or wat!

20. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

There ain't nothing better than beating the Jazz in playoffs. Go Rockets!

napalm06 likes this.