1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the biggest bust in Rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SxAxTxAxNx666, Jun 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. HROZ

HROZ Member

In the lead up to the 1984 draft the blazers had the 2 pick. They offered Clyde and the 2 pick(Rockets would've choose Jordan) for Sampson

2. HROZ

HROZ Member

PS Sampson isn't a bust the twin towers is part of our legacy. But injuries are an unfair part of basketball.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Draft picks: Sergio Llull, Zhou Qi, Sam Dekker, Joey Dorsey, Luther Head, Mirsad Turkcan, Bryce Drew...

Signings: Cato, Lawson, Melo, Swift, Ryan Anderson, Joe Johnson, Michael Carter Williams

4. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Cool, so I got my answer 16 years after posting it, ha! :)

slothy420 likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ty Lawson comes to mind

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Royce White for sure is on my updated list.

DD

MIAGI99 and sushimaster like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Draftwise, it's Eddie Griffin hands down. He cost the Rockets 3 first rounders including Richard Jefferson and accomplished almost nothing in his brief time here. At least Sampson gave us a few good years and got us to a Finals which we only lost because we were up against one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

Tradewise, I guess Pippen although it was a one-year failed experiment, so the damage was minimal. The real damage from that deal was when we traded him to Portland and took back players like Cato and extended him on a ridiculous contract.

I'd also include T-Mac. I know that's gonna sound crazy to most folks, but what did he really accomplish here as a Rocket? We never won a playoff series with him. I'll cut him some slack on 2008, but the Rockets flat out choked in 2005 and 2007. When they finally broke through in 2009, he was on the bench in street clothes.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  8. smp

smp Member

Pippen. He was a disaster before his press conference and never improved from there.

9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

How dare you.

10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

How dare you.

11. mastan

mastan Member

Steve Francis...

12. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Mirsad Turkan biggest bust and Vassillas Spanoulis biggest disappointment in Rockets history.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Francis wasn't a bust. He was an all-star.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The team didn't really experience much success with him. They had 4 straight lotto seasons and then one quick first round flameout. Rudy T and Carroll Dawson are partly to blame for that thanks to the horrible roster they constructed, but Francis never accomplished much as a pro when it came to winning.

mastan likes this.