1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calm Down, Thunder lose and Spurs win mean Thunder #7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Apr 9, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

Milwaukee is sitting almost all its starters and key reserves as much as possible. OKC will get a win here.

2. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

You meant without faried playing and shumper instead 50 year old nene.
    :rolleyes:

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i hope minnesota beats the nuggets ass tomorrow and force the 3 way tie

BigShasta likes this.
  4. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Exactly.

We have championship aspiration. We shouldn't even care even if we had go play 7 away games for the first two rounds.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nene is arguably better suited to the matchup, despite his age. If we're at the point where we're interpreting a DNP-CD for Shump as a sign the Rockets aren't trying, things are pretty grim.

hashmander and mike2k132 like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

This would be ;) nice. I still want pay back from 2 years ago

7. TheresTheDagger

The Wolves got crushed at home by Toronto tonight. Karl Anthony Towns is out I believe. Watch baseball instead tomorrow.

8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Maybe, but what was most worrying to me was that "deer in headlights" look Harden had that whole fourth quarter. Like he forgot who he was or something

Newlin and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So you think the goal of this whole thing is to avoid the Thunder??

Even if calm, this loss is not good for us. I don't see why that has to be sugar coated.

JW86 likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep, UTA is not an easy out by any means. and odds are our season ends in the 2nd round. so the ONLY good thing about losing this game is that this POS tilman only gets paid for 2 rounds now

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It certainly doesn't instill confidence to lose a playoff-atmosphere game like that to the Thunder, but frankly I'm a fan of playing the Warriors sooner since we were not going to have home court against them anyway. We are older than our key opponents, so we are more likely to be worn down at later stages of the playoff grind. Who are we going to face in the WCF that are going to take down the Rockets that just downed the Warriors? Nuggets? Blazers? Utah?

IMO we've improved our chances of beating the Warriors by 1% and reduced our chances against everyone else maybe 5%. It's not the worst thing in the world. You might even choose to take that deal.

There's so much history repeating itself here. MVP award going to someone else. Our franchise player finding another gear (in Hakeem's case he finally learned how to punish double teams). Shaky ownership situation. Old players with a couple of young guns. Lower seed. I'm not a superstitious person, but I believe these things may become a psychological boost.

Maybe it's irrational, but I think we are favorites to win 4 without home court against anyone but the Warriors and either the Raptors or Bucks. We're going to need some luck like every champion in history has needed. Despite Tilman, I believe.

BigM likes this.
  12. whathappened

whathappened Member

We can still finish 2nd if Denver loses tomorrow.

They might punt the game because if they win, they will face the spurs (2-2)

If they lose, they will finish 3rd and face the thunder (4-0)

joshuaao and BigShasta like this.
  13. mig0s

mig0s Member

You're acting like we are scared of OKC or something lol

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ve been saying it for weeks now. We do not want to play OKC in the first round. And I’m baffled at how many rockets fans don’t see them as a threat. They match up very well against our squad. They have the ability to beat us in a 4-game series. I hate that it’s looking like we’ll be facing off against them in the first round. And since I don’t think we are a better team then last year, I’m worried.

izeroi likes this.
  15. izeroi

izeroi Member

Couldn't agree more. The "bring on any team right now" mentality needs to be dropped. OKC is NOT the opponent you want to play in the first round. They play hard and do match up with us well. Just because they're 6th (or could have been 8th) doesn't take away from what they're capable of doing in a series. It's just common sense to want the easiest path to the conference finals/finals and playing OKC is a bad way to start that.

16. AXG

AXG Member

It's unlikely the Rockets face the Thunder in the first round. Portland should win against Sacramento at home. Denver should also beat Minnesota, especially if KAT is out. The most likely outcome is that Houston finishes 4th, playing Utah in first round. At this point, the ideal situation is that OKC drops last game and both LAC and SAS win, making Thunder 8th. I think they're the only lower seeded team that could give GSW some trouble.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not necessarily. The Blazers are on a B2B tonight at home against a rested Kings team. It's not impossible for them to lose. And OKC will have a tough B2B at Milwaukee, but the Bucks will be resting players and nothing is at stake for them in this game. So if Portland loses and San Antonio, LA, and OKC win, we're 3rd and the Thunder are 6th.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So pretty much we playing Utah in round 1?

BigM likes this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Probably, but not necessarily. I think Denver is a virtual lock to beat Minnesota tonight, but Portland is not a guarantee over Sactown. The Kings are actually trying down the stretch and don't appear to be resting guys. Plus the Blazers are on a B2B and the Kings are rested.

But I would say it's an 80% chance after tonight we're the 4th seed and facing Utah.

20. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

this is all that I ask.... I just want okc vs gs 1st rd.....

is that too much to ask for?