1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. the shark

the shark Member

My fellow Coogs (and others following this thread). I want to apologize again to Tomstro for my comments I made recently.

I have apologized directly to Tomstro and he has graciously accepted. That said I am ashamed of myself for lowering myself to that, and it has bothered me since (thus the apology).

Not only was it uncalled for and way out of line, but to spew this garbage to a fellow Coog?

We all make mistakes and I was taught to own up to mine. Tomstro thanks again for accepting my apology and showing what mercy is.

Go Coogs.

bumbum09 and Tomstro like this.
  2. AFS

AFS Member

I'd really like to see the Rockets pick up Corey Davis as an UDFA. I think he could be the next Patrick Beverley.

RayRay10, King1 and dc rock like this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He needs to improve his ball handling to make the NBA. He is a good shooter and good defender but at 6'1 he needs to be able to play PG.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

5. AFS

AFS Member

That's why I think the Patrick Beverley comparison is a pretty good one. I suspect Beverley probably has longer arms which gives him a defensive advantage, but both are 6'1" guys playing at around 190 lbs who can shoot and defend. Neither is really a traditional PG, but both have the ability to occasionally make plays for others. Davis is sort of a niche player and will only fit on certain teams since he is never going to be a true point guard, but I could see Davis fitting next to someone like James Harden.

He's a low risk, high reward pickup, especially since he won't get drafted. The league always has a need for 3+D role players.

BruceAndre likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp Cincinnati just lost their coach. Ouch

Mick Cronin, who led the Cincinnati Bearcats to nine consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, has agreed to a six-year, $24 million contract with UCLA, it was announced Tuesday.

7. Buck Turgidson

Strange hire. He's a lifelong Cincy-area guy with no ties to California at all.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

they courted Barnes pretty hard but in the end got declined. I guess they were on a mission to really get someone

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Andre Ware, #11.

dc rock likes this.
  11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Carl Herrera

12. AFS

AFS Member

Honestly, a school like UCLA will recruit itself. They just needed a coach to change the culture and manage games better. Not sure if Cronin is that guy, but he's a good coach and he'll be working with more talented players at UCLA.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Maxwell is mad

Sorry, I know Carl went to UH, but I can’t help but combined the two institutions

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

#2074 YOLO, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He will be back

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Brooks is a good player. He’s not NBA though.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Work on the three ball, and put on some weight.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd say he's elite as far as being a sniper already. it really comes down to him being more versatile, rather than being just a shooter. He should be able to showcase that more next year assuming his return of course.

Roc Paint likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Think it's a good idea. It's exactly what both he and the Cougars need. But once he gets that information, he should sit down with someone like Harden and learn how to execute it. He needs one on one skills. But just opening up those conversations, should they occur, will be fruitful. Most important to me is just developing that one on one skill set all summer long before the season starts. It can be done in one summer. Because if he has that, he's a two way force to be reckoned with. He's the type of player who avoids contact, so not only does he need to learn how to drive and go one on one, but how to initiate and seek contact. Get to the line. And then I think the FT % will increase with increased time at the line.

#2080 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019