1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Films] Shazam!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 19, 2018.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

2. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Just saw it and loved it. It's a very funny feel good movie. Zach levi nails this part. I was a little worried that it would be too lighthearted but it gets dark when it needs to. DC is really turning it around. It deserves all the great reviews it's getting. It has two post credit scenes btw.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Seriously? How old are you?

This is the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Was better than the other DC movies I’ve seen, but I still preferred a movie like Ant Man over it.

5. body slam

body slam Member

was this part of saturday morning cartoons?

heypartner likes this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The kid in there looks like he is 30.

Shazam was good movie. Way better than captain marvel.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

he looks 38 with 4 kids and a wife who left him 5 years ago for being a deadbeat.

seclusion likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Seeing the original Shazam!... I’m so thankful I was born at a time when tv was good.

Jontro and seclusion like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From his comedic facial expressions, it seemed like a comedy, no?

Jontro likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would say a horror. comedy for chris hansen from dateline nbc.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I gave it 4/10 just cause I thought some of the child actors nailed it. The adults in this movie ... how do I put this delicately?
    Corny. I met Zachary Levi once, and had high hopes for him ... but he wasn't good at all. I almost wish they had chosen Adam Brody to play lead instead. Another DC snoozefest and 2 hours I'll never get back.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm kind of surprised at your comments because of how high the audience and critic score is. I kind of got the impression that they were going for a bit of campiness in general, I mean he's a late 30s guy playing a 15 year old in a man's body, right?

Mr.Scarface and mrm32 like this.
  13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That seems to be lost with some people. How would you expect a 14 year old going on 30 with super powers to act?

He’s called the Big cheese for a reason.

seclusion likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Had some questions at the end, regarding the kids, at the foster home...

When they all said "Shazam!" and became, essentially, Captain Marvel themselves, was that supposed to last? Like, are they able to yell "Shazam!" and then switch back and forth?

Because we saw Shazam break the staff over his knee while they were all "adults," but then we saw them become kids, so I'm guessing they had to yell "Shazam!" to do so...but without touching the staff?

That was the only gripe I had with the movie. I thought Shazam was going to beat everyone by himself, but it was cool to have the kids involved, albeit unbelievable, even for a superhero movie.

Levi is playing a 15-year-old in a grown man's body. A grown superhero man, at that. It's not like his personality changes when he goes from boy to superhero.

Not sure what you were expecting. Also not sure what you meeting Levi has to do with anything. Weird flex, but ok.

Thefabman likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder what they're going to do for a sequel. Pretty sure it's going to be financially successful enough for one, but if Shazam 2 takes 3-4 years to come out, the 2 child leads in this movie will be 19/20; not sure how they can pull it off.

Unless they just have Levi stay in adult form for all of Shazam 2 while still acting like a 15-year-old. Which is actually not a terrible idea.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yes they all have permanent super powers now. They make up six of the seven wizards with the 7th being portrayed by The Rock in his own spinoff movie.

I’m hoping they go with the Rock’s Black Adam spin-off movie next and have it lead I to Shazam 2.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It sucked balls bro. Worse than justice league. 4 out of 10.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I really enjoyed it. There were parts that I just couldn't stop laughing. Obviously, there were some parts that just didn't make sense from a physics point of view like the people on the bus not have serious injuries, but the movie was really fun.

I don't know how they are going to pull off a sequel without the kids looking tons older.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

You might wanna spoiler your post lol.

20. Nero

Nero Member

SMH at some of you guys dissing Aquaman and Shazam.. why do some of you even go to movies at all?

Change your tampons once in a while, dudes..