1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's free throw routine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 1, 2019.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Every time Harden shoots a free throw, I get anxious because he steps over the line before the ball hits the rim but the refs never called it to a point that it gets really suspicious.

I have a feeling that the refs are saving it to screw the Rockets at some point in the playoffs. Somebody really needs to tell him to stop doing that!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's because the refs are blinded by Harden's godlike presence.

LUK3 and rocketman84 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

refs probably not even noticing nor care, but now u want to put this out there

if some fool on Reddit sees this, makes a thread with many examples, and all of the sudden it blows up and the spotlight comes I’ll be blaming u

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember him getting whistled for it, like two times in a row, once.

5. magichat281

magichat281 Member

you said every time right? How many free throws has he taken in his career and been called for one? i dont remember any so whats the chances? So you think hes gonna stop when hes taken thousands of them and ever been called.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It got called twice in a row in Cleveland. But other than that it hasn't been called at all.

I'd rather he not do it, I feel like the refs will decide to call it at some crucial moment.