1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden close childhood friend Nipsey Hussle shot & killed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Mar 31, 2019.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He posted “one of the worst days of my ****ing life” on his Instagram story :(

Thoughts are with James and all of Nips friends and family.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Very sad

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

All I know is I got this blasting in my headphones every day I'm im the gym.

RIP

B-Bob, fryjol7 and amaru like this.
  4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Very unfortunate. I don't know if this is gang related. Not all murders are due to gang related stuff.

I think some people underestimate the respect Nipsey had in the city of LA, the place he was murdered. It wasn't because of his rapping abilities or because of how "real" he was. Nipsey was doing some very incredible stuff for his people. You know how LeBron built a school for kids, and was sending students off to college? Nipsey was doing that type of stuff. I won't compare on what kind of level it was, but he was truly trying to help his community. Not by selling drugs or by gang banging, but by empowering them to be better.

He was a man of the people. Someone very respected. I'm positive that whoever did the hit on him, that it wasn't an order from a rival gang or anything. People do stuff for the fame or glory now. Hateful people. He could have just been murdered by someone like that.

I understand the pharmaceutical conspiracy theory and where it's coming from. And I feel that it's just an unwarranted as going straight to "gang related death." We don't know yet. Or at least I don't know yet. Maybe it's already been reported. Dr. Sebi and his work will now have a light shined on it regardless of what happened is true and not. It's good to talk about it. That's one of the things Nip was working on. He wanted to discover the truth. I say that it's good that it's being spoken about.

Either way, it is unfortunate. RIP. I do feel bad for James. Definitely someone he loved and cared for. I know he's hurting bad. Today he lost a brother.

5. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I love conspiracy theories that are predicated upon the U.S Government employing a tactic that they would realise would backfire if just a single person involved googled the Streisand Effect.

topfive and Amel like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

RIP Nipsey :(

Condolences to Lauren and his kids.:(

7. Theking

Theking Member

If it was gang related then why didnt any gangbangers kill tekashi when he was straight clowning people in LA. Why kill Hussle? He moved on in life and was making moves, helping his community.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Because the streets is dead

9. amaru

amaru Member

Something similar almost happened to Shaq. He was supposed to be meeting up with Biggie the night he was murdered.

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

Nipsey didn’t deserve that. He was one of the few rappers I respected because he actually gave back. Envy and jealousy are powerful, evil things.

RIP

B-Bob and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Honestly, the idea that pharmaceutical companies don’t want to cure people is absolutely insane on it’s face. It’s a highly competitive industry, so they are exactly working together, and dead people don’t pay for healthcare.

However, not censoring information because the Streisand effect exists is incredibly dense. I mean hell, information suppression happens literally all of the time, and it only takes one example of real supression actually working for people to continue to attempt it.

The US government routinely declassifies information that’s old enough. Just google it.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

RIP Nipsey

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

srs question, im not too updated in today's hip hop scene. who did nipsey compare to in terms of influence and fame in the late 90s and 2000s?

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

double post is double

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. amaru

amaru Member

I can't really think of a good 90s comparison but Nipsey was around in the early 2000s. He had an underground following since the early 2000s with a bunch mixtapes and recently released his first studio album. I think the biggest reason for the reaction to his death is the work he was doing in his community. Nipsey went from a gangbanger to an entrepreneur who was bringing jobs back to his community. He even opened an art museum in his community to give the children there exposure to something besides violence.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man woke up hella sad today

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is probably the biggest violent death in Hip Hop in years. Nipsey wasn't some underground rapper and his career was at it's peak. Sad. RIP.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Cold world.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Best way to describe him would be “your favourite rapper’s favourite rapper”.

B-Bob, macho GRANDE, HP3 and 3 others like this.