1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint's $500k bonus and tax

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Mar 31, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Clint has to go 17/20 in the last games to get his $500K bonus and pushing us over the tax line....making all of DM's effort in vain. LOL

Before anyone says who cares, it not your money, and all that other nonsense...... we need to be under the tax to lessen the blow in the super prime years of harden and back years of paul.

So here is to hopin that Clint misses the incentive. I hope the Rockets sit him in a game or two (hope we win those games).

But to everyone that will be at the final home games...lets make noise and try to make clint miss..... I ready for the backlash. but only until the playoffs.

:D

2. Moleb

Moleb Member

He doesn't have to sit. No way averages 17ppg 20 reb.

And if he doesn't get those numbers one game. The requirements will get even higher next game.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if anything, clint making 65% will just give tilman a nice built-in excuse to conveniently avoid the tax (and collect from the taxpaying owners) next season as well

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Talk about a bad karma thread, that could backfire.

Now Clint will hit 65% to get the incentive, OP will get mad, then we will lose in the 2nd Round to miss his $1m WCF incentive to take us back down below the tax.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've already posted that should it ever get close, a bikini-clad shelby will just be placed behind the baseline cameramen to ensure bricks

Houstunna likes this.
  6. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Actually he can get the FT bonus and make the WCF without going over the cap. Because last year we went to WCF and he had 30% defensive rebound rate, those were calculated in his cap figure as a likely bonus this year. Since there is no way he will get the defense rebound bonus he can still get the FT one, in addition to the WCF bonus without going over.

No, he can get both cuz there is no way he'll get the 30% defense rebound rate. It's already counted in the cap figure according to sportrac.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tillman can pay him $500,000.01 under the table to miss on purpose.

Or buy him a Bentley and a Ferrari.

Everyone wins.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Close thread.

I am you injected some facts in this thread or it would have gone of the rails.

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Really... @BimaThug on twitter seems to think otherwise.

10. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Look at the cap figure for Capela in the salary cap link below and then go look at his contract particulars (screenshot). $1.5 million is already budgeted in the cap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe and bilaal14 like this.
  11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Pay out bonuses in cap-friendly Golden Nugget chips.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. From spotrac’s listing, it looks like Clint can get both the WCF and another $500k incentive, but @BimaThug says they have any error in their team salary figures somewhere.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I really hope he makes that bonus just to piss off Tillman. Now my kids 8 dollar mac & cheese at Rainforest Cafe will be 12 dollars.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Clint's shot 11 free throws over the past 5 games. I can't see that nearly doubling over the next 5. Especially if Faried is back by Wednesday as D'Antoni has indicated and eats up some of those minutes at the 5.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This is actually what I foresee happening in reality should Clint get near the mark. That will only happen if they find a good laundromat ....:)

(P.S.) Hypothetically/allegedly/supposedly in an alternate Universe, of course..:cool:

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would something like 10-10 also get clint to 65%?