1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racist Loser Celtics Fan Received a 2 Year Ban for Calling Cousins the N Word

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Reeko, Mar 28, 2019.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Little Bit and CometsWin like this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I personally haven’t and I’m a minority. That doesn’t mean that racism doesn’t exist or isn’t there, but I haven’t witnessed it either and I’m a pretty observant person in public.

I don’t believe you can actually measure racism. I have read that spotlight report before, and it’s pretty lengthy. A lot of what it talks about is how little of a African American middle class exists in Boston and how much income disparity there is between blacks and everyone else in the city. Personally I equate racism with hate, I do see the disparity in money but I don’t think that’s due to something socially or due to people being favored. Maybe it once was way back when, but in 2019, I work at a company with a bunch of minorities including myself.

All in all, I’ve never found the city to be racist or to have the label as a racist city the same way I’ve never found Houston to be either. Is there a significant white majority here compared to other large metros? Yes. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like people give me dirty looks because I’m brown or because I look different because I’m a super minority in the city.

I just think racism occurs everywhere, most of which never gets documented or makes the news. This is America after all, it’s pretty obvious it’s occurs on all levels. I can say without a doubt though that if it was as bad people make it out to be here, it would be completely obvious at this point. To each their own, I guess.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

not boston's fault people were born the wrong color, amirite?

4. raining threes

Whatever happened to the old sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

BTW, racism is really wrong and always has been.

Ditch the dude and move on.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont really understand these racist people they are racist but continue to watch basketball where majority of the players are black.

If you hate black people and think they are inferior why tf would you watch a sport dominated by black people?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

LMAO...don’t u ever compare Houston to Boston when it comes to racism...Boston has its reputation for a reason

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They can hold notions of white or cultural supremacy with the idea that blacks can be tolerated as long as they’re the entertainer or labor class...any position without real authority. I’m sure racists like them are fine listening to music from black artists.

That even boosts their argument that the system isn’t flawed blacks because those millionaire exist out of the goodness in their hearts.

Glass ceilings exist for a reason.

Mr. Space City and roslolian like this.
  9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sorry, I just did. To each their own, but I'm basing my opinion on actual experiences.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Maybe ItsYourFault?? o_O

Take a deep breath bro, just joking! ;)

I've been to Boston many times and my experience is...
    Boston>>>>>>>HTown in the degree of racism. I could be the outlier though...

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How do bans exactly work btw? Do they take down all their personal info and somehow block all their credit cards or anything that associates with the individual when putting in a ticket order? Do they have a photo of the offender posted so every gate employee knows to not let them in? What about disguises the offender wears to not be recognized. It sounds more like rhetoric and public relations rather than actual protocol or practice.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s about subjugation of a people. Seeing them less than who they actually are hence the “shut and dribble” comments towards lebron or the hatred towards these black players when they get 100 million dollar deals. The thought behind racism is that “you are less than me”, mentally, spiritually, physically. Players are therefore workhorses acceptable to racists for pure amusement but in terms of being a thinking man and accepted by society is something that can never happen. Again the oppression of a people is to render them powerless. Take away their voices. Prevent them educational or economic vitality. Why do you think we stress enterprise so much in minority communities? Because we understand we need to level the playing field in terms of ownership and wealth and make the decisions in order to effect change. Change in marketing, change in providing products,change in retaining our culture and making those things mainstream instead of one groups values continually dictating what the standard is. It’s about power, influence, and the denial of.

13. Mr. Space City

Adam Jones was a victim of racist abuse in Boston as well.

http://theundefeated.com/features/red-sox-apologize-to-orioles-adam-jones-for-fans-racist-behavior/

Multiple athletes have said that Boston is very racist.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...athia-says-black-players-expect-racism-boston

Arian Foster also said Boston was the most racist sports town he visited on Desus & Mero’s TV Show.

There is a pattern in Boston dispite the sport. Haven’t heard of this happening as frequently in Houston.

14. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

If I was making 40 million dollars a year you could call me whatever. And I’m black

The warriors have been crying to the media all year. Whether it’s klay begging to be voted on all nba defense to kd cursing out a fan in Dallas. I think they know deep down they got a gift last year and have mentally lost their edge

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He is a minor, so no. Also, they did an "exhaustive investigation" and no fan near near him heard him say it, no security personnel heard it, and no surveillance in the area identified it. He is banned purely based on what Demarcus Cousins reports to have heard him mutter. If he said it, yes it has no place in the arena or elsewhere, but I feel it just as easily could have been something else Demarcus didn't like and hes getting a two year ban for it. Demarcus doesn't like a lot of things that happen, and he has led the league in techs multiple years. We've seen players get triggered over something like being called "cheese butt" (Kevin Durant) and a fan being charged at for it.

There should be zero tolerance for racism and leave people's family out of whatever you say, but in an increasingly PC world, it seems like nothing negative can be said to harm the egos of players. I really feel like its taking away from the game.

#35 BallSoHarden, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019