1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Wilbon Likely Picks James Harden for MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 30, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

She's biased, even during those clips she said like "super, (good) for you Harden". How is it clearcut that Giannis is more valuable to his team? If you take Harden away from this team, even with CP3, no way they would beat many teams. The Bucks can do still do a lot of damage given the way they play, the coach, East Coast being weaker and it doesn't really revolve around Giannis. The Rockets go as Harden goes. And valuable to the league, it's definitely Harden.

90% of women involved with basketball shows in the US are supposed to say things, heavily biased and instructed to pick a certain side and shape the narrative, but they are also clear cut idiots, try to have an opinion when they don't know **** and just annoy the **** out of me. The only exception is the lady on First things First who just stays in her lane, gives her opinion at times and is actually an attractive woman. All these 'girls' with their make-up on, please, she's not that hot in the video above.

2. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

A lot of males say the same thing.

Invisible Fan and BeBreezy like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah. It is not a male of female thing. It is an ignorance thing. Or a hater thing.

SORF likes this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The Lakers haven't won a single playoff game since Harden has been in Houston. It's probably some petty reason, or she is dumb enough to believe the ESPN propaganda that she blindly regurgitates.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

To put Cari into perspective....she is a worse homer than Beadle.

34to11, BHannes2BHonest and lilbird20 like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Champion all excited in the ESPN studios for getting Lebron. Great season y'all had!

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

It seems like the tide is slowly turning in Harden's favor. I think the recent narrative switch that says he's "improved and trying now" on defense helps. The constant "Harden & Wilt" mentions have got to have an effect as well.

Plowman, joshuaao and mikol13 like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Another thing that gets undersold about Harden.

All of the teams that have done crazy things to defend him. The extremes like Bledsoe shading him. And the laughable with the Lakers and the hands around the back. All of the double teams. The zones. Even Pop was zoning. EVERYTHING. Are teams going TO THESE LENGTHS to scheme up Giannis? They aren't.

What does this say?

Every week we are taking the almighty Wilt and throwing him in the conversation with Harden. What does this say?

Jordon/Kobe/Wilt.....in discussions with Harden. What does this say?

mikol13, Handles and lilbird20 like this.
  9. awc713

awc713 Member

Giannis is a great player, and will be for a long time, but 2018-19 is very clearly JH's year. It's not a hard decision. Don't overthink it.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Bucks beat Nets in first round and Pacers in 2nd round
    If Rockets lose to GS in the 2nd round.

Then Harden's votes are not exceeding 20%.

If Celtics beat Bucks in the 2nd round, (Brogdon projected return date is April 25, 2nd round starting date)
    If Rockets beat Nuggets in the 2nd round

Then Harden's votes will be close to 50%.

#30 BigBum, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cari needs to shut her dumb face.

LA sux. LOL

Fakers fan.

BamBam likes this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

There is an anti beard women group out there. My wife is one and I have a majestic beard. She wants me to shave it. I have no idea why. I have gained strength since growing it and my crossover has become a unicorn move as well.

That is all - beard4b2bMVP

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[​IMG]

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Jason McIntyre

Deuce likes this.
  15. sheb

sheb Member

They have to give Harden the MVP here’s why ...

Next year Lebron gonna push the lakers to number 4-5 and the media wants to give him the MVP

How can they justify it without giving it to harden this year

They will say lebron carried his team in the west against all super teams.... it’s a setup but Harden wins this year

16. jowman

jowman Member

Doubt ESPN really selects a lot of these women due to their knowledge about basketball. Not saying women are less knowledgeable about it in general, but let’s face it most people that watch ESPN are guys so it makes sense they are going this route in hiring.

Overall from what I’ve seen most of the females in sports media are also anti harden pro warriors. They probably don’t watch much of either team though, easier to just go along with what the media narratives that already exist than to watch games and investigate for themselves.

34to11 likes this.
  17. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Wilbon doesn’t sound like he knows and will probably end up voting for Giannis. He said Giannis is more valuable to his team than Harden. Don’t get excited, media will end up giving it to Giannis.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And you'll see me call them out too.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kristen Ledlow's IG has harden for Harden.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You are asking the real questions, my friend.