1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen picks Giannis for MVP: "I like players who play the game the right way"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Mar 26, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am so happy that Tracy was not retired, and my thoughts are vindicated every time he speaks.

One of the douchiest Rockets of all time.

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden gets the win and blow Bucks tomorrow

chadyang and BaselineFade like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That’s great. I also like players that play the game the right way. For example, superstars who carry their teams with nary a complaint—no matter how heavy the load is or how challenging the schedule might be.

I like unselfish players that never say a bad thing about their teammates...even when their so-called superstar center was pouting about touches and losing minutes to a young kid from Europe.

And I really, really like players who let their game do all the talking for them, instead of constantly campaigning for their worthiness for a pretty meaningless award.

James Harden is the MVP...and the current best player in the league.

Vivi, slothy420, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean i understand where he is coming from and Giannis is a beast. But Harden playin 2k in real life on rookie out there. The **** he is doing i didnt see ex pro basketball players do in amateur leagues and he is doing it in the NBA. Individual player award is beyond any discussion

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

ESPN is pretty much WWE, promoting a Babyface Giannis, while always a making a Heel out of James Harden.

James Harden is the Next Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant.

James Harden must destroy Giannis Team. And win a Championship

Win a Championship to make haters quiet their Big Mouths.

chadyang, Houstunna and Jake Tower like this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So Harden play the wrong way?

Lmao

Vivi and BigM like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so much stupid, devoid of character, and petty all wrapped up in one ugly ass package

slothy420 and Houstunna like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

You know what's funny, I actually have to play devil's advocate to this old man from my basketball team who loves to watch Harden and he's just a general basketball fan. People who play and understand the game, just look at this thing objectively recognise the talent. By the way, most guys on TNT, NBA TV and other former players and coaches praise Harden constantly. It's only ESPN and even there they have to come around to it, like the screaming SAS and Skip. All those who present it like Pippen, Tracy and others have their own agenda and or are instructed to present a certain point of view.

9. fattz

fattz Member

AKA, I don’t have a real reason other than I have personal issues and think irrational things.

Jontro likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Says the notorious quitter

RayRay10, chadyang and WestendMassive like this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have grown to hate Scottie Pippen.

PeterKingX, chadyang, Theking and 2 others like this.
  12. WestendMassive

I'm not clicking on that, but would like to know by what measure Harden 'doesn't play the right way'.

The treatment of Harden by these clowns is beyond ridiculous. Why is it so fkn hard for them to give him credit? It's unprecedented on every level

ilovehtownbb, BigM and BaselineFade like this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Didn’t watch the video but I’m not sure there’s any context to which I can understand how Harden doesn’t play the right way.

We all knew they’d start creating reasons to not give him the MVP.... and there you go. Doesn’t play the right way. Lmao.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lol ... “play the game right way” ....:cool:

Quittens always been douchey!!

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

The media's "it's his turn" mentality makes the game unfun to be a fan of. Everybody KNOWS James Harden is not only the MVP, but become the best player in the world this year. We have other superstars copying his move for a reason. But for some odd reason, he had "his turn" last year & the media feels it's Giannis's "turn" this year for MVP. Harden's numbers are HISTORIC & uncomparible to anybody else

fattz, chadyang and BaselineFade like this.
  16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The “right way” narrative encompasses several things. Ex players feel as though he has gamed the system. The way he falls down after shooting step backs or ripping his arms up through a defenders arms to draw contact is considered to be a cheap way to play the game by old school retired players. He does not get to the FT line the “right way”.

Pippin and the other ex players really feel like he travels on most of his 3 point attempts. They don’t understand why he is able to take more steps than they could when they played. Again gaming the system and playing the “wrong way” in their eyes.

Then there’s the perimeter defense. Whenever anyone brings up James post defense, it is immediately shot down by the “ he can’t defend guards” narrative that I’m seeing surface more and more. His steals and deflections will be dismissed because he’s not doing it sliding his feet laterally, staying in front of quicker guards. Again he’s not even getting steals or deflections the “right way”.

Last but not least is the heavy iso game. Coming down and shooting step backs without a pass will always be considered to be the “wrong way” to play offense. We as Rockets fans know the math, but many don’t.
    James is a special and unique talent, so he has earned the right to shoot whatever shots he wants to. Because they don’t agree with his shot selection again he is not playing the game the “right way”.

Cheap fouls, travels, perimeter defense and the freedom James has offensively are the main reasons why he is hated by so many ex players. They really believe he has cheapened the game with his style.

Unfortunately the “right way” narrative will probably win the day and cost James an MVP that he truly deserves.

Rock Block likes this.
  17. AndtheRockets

AndtheRockets Member

Sir Charles is a better Analyst.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1. If defenders don’t want to be called for fouls, then don’t foul him. Same as everyone else.
    2. They’re legit moves. Travels are called and a few missed calls. Just like anyone else.
    3. Ask morey and mda why their so dependent on harden.
    4. Hardens permiter defense is not any worse than your right way idol steph curry

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why doesn't the host ask Pippen 'what do you mean when you say harden doesn't play the right way?'

Vivi, Deuce, PeterKingX and 1 other person like this.
  20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Whatta douche.

slothy420 likes this.