1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 3/25/2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Mar 25, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you watch the clip, you could see he tripped over the leg, then goes exactly 4-5 steps until he had a reaction.

I dun know but that is not normal to me.

Even if you kicked an animal, you would just jump back almost immediately.

A ref should be a guy who should make sure it is a 'fair and safe' game.

The Rockets Playoff games show it ain't so.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I would say worth stuff like what happened to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of whatever shady stuff some refs do, they never purposely hurt or harm players. That crew was also relatively young as well.

I’m not going to blame a ref, or anyone, who wasn’t doing anything to intentially hurt someone during the game. You can tell as soon as he realized what happened he went and assisted.

Yes it’s true that the officials are there partially for health and safety reasons, but they are also human. Saying he should be fired isn’t going to help anyone.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It shouldn't happen and it shouldn't happen to the refs. If it happens, you apologize, say sorry, and not walk away.

He's not shady but some refs think they are better or privileged than role players. That is minor reckless behaviour.

The thing is the league failed to establish 'refs' as role models. (You can't control who is a decent human being or who isn't. Sometimes they turn it off when doing their job, it should not be that way.)

It's not entirely their fault but those who are in charge of everything.

#123 daywalker02, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

The thing is you, nor anyone else, knows what happened as Nurkic was being stretchered away or after the game. You don’t know if he apologized to Nurkic while he was being wheeled out, or if he will send something after the game. It’s ridiculous to make assumptions because of something you think should happen in some order.

I was just listening to Lillard talk about what happened in his post game interview and he didn’t realize what happened until actually looking at Nurkic’s leg.

I agree with you that refs need to be careful, but that’s also why they don’t officiate alone. The ref wasn’t being reckless, he didn’t see what happened immediately and he doesn’t have eyes behind his head.

I know that we all have mixed feelings about officials in the NBA but I’m not going to bash a guy who didn’t do anything obvious that was awful. If the league decides to punish him after review that’s a different story, but none of us have the ability to make that call in the heat of the moment. Especially after such an emotional event like that.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look, man, I am neither going after that man nor does it affect me that much.

It's just something I picked up after the injury and there is a whole thread dedicated to that. Definitely a tough job to get it right.

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/index.php?threads/jusuf-nurkic-suffers-gruesome-leg-injury.297357/

Well, the whole ref situation isn't me only, a lot of guys here think the league has a ref problem.

The game is rigged, and refs are part of the problem, obviously they make tons of officiating mistakes, now they can't even seem to keep players safe, or at least get out of the way quick enough.

If you know a ref personally, then yeah tell him there are good ones, mediocre and bad ones.

I dun really want to generalize that, but that dude today did not look good there.

#125 daywalker02, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    clutchdabear likes this.