1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans will take him first overall in the 2025 draft.
    Congrats Demon!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Mashing

Mashing Member

Demon? That's a hell of a first name.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pronounced "Damon".

5. Buck Turgidson

Nah, Imma call him Demon.

joshuaao and tc0330 like this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Do you pronounce it “data” or “data”?

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is the most disappointed I’ve been in an off-season. Had a bunch of money, either “saved” it or spent it on mediocre signings. And not bargain signings, just mediocre. Hope the draft is good. But wow, so disappointing.

TheRealist137, Remix, solid and 3 others like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's basically the franchise goal. Stay competitive enough to keep fan attention, but don't try too hard for greatness. I'm honestly not sure why fans expect more from them at this point. We lucked into some close victories last season and won 11 games, but in reality that was another 8-8 squad.

The franchise needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, but that isn't how they do things. A couple of years ago I finally realized what should have been obvious about the franchise drive for mediocrity. Now I don't expect anything from them so they can't disappoint me.

I've been a fan since the day they were announced, but it's been years since I've been truly emotionally invested in a Texans game.

9. raining threes

Hopefully more and more fans will begin to feel this way

Apathy

Nook and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The team is the only thing that makes me want to watch. It's the coaching that pisses me off. Stevie Wonder could coach this team better than Obrien.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

They still suck me in when they show flashes of quality football. They have players who are fun as hell to watch, but the total product is frustrating as hell.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm not an OB fan, but I'm invested in the success of Watt, Hopkins and now Watson. I really want us to add the pieces we need to compete. OL is critical to Watson's health and our success. CB is essential to stopping Luck and Hilton. We've made some fringe additions, but I can't get excited by any of them (except with Roby a little).

I think its interesting we're still talking with Penn. If we sign Penn with Kalil and Davenport, that sets up some competition that will hopefully bring out the best in all of them. This is Davenport's third year and I'd hope he makes a jump in his caliber of play, but I'm not counting on it.

I'd like to see us draft at least 2 OL and then make it an open competition across all of the positions. Let the best 5 win.

I'd also hope we draft at least 2 DB (CB and S). We need a good young CB to develop and if JJ is #4 this year, then that's a big win for our defense. Colvin needs to earn his contract and I'm expecting big things from Reid this year--kid's got star potential.

More or healthy weapons on offense are a must. We should invest in another WR in the draft and maybe FA as well. Personally, I'd love a guy like Jordy Nelson or Crabtree as vet in case injuries strike again. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a TE as well, but I'm hoping last years guys can make a leap. As for RB, I sure hope Foreman can come back, would love to see my TC brother become a stud pro. Hpwever, a 3rd back is definitely needed and someone that can push Miller would be welcomed.

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah. The Texans only have so long until they have to pay Watson. Was really hoping they'd get some significant free agents while Watson is on his rookie deal. Watt isn't getting any younger and Hopkins is in his prime. Should be in win now mode.

Say what you want about the Browns, but their offseason has been what the Texans should've done. Paying people while they have Mayfield on his rooke deal. The Browns shouldn't be a joke anymore.

The Texans however... The front office has been horrible. I was hoping things would change with different ownership. It doesn't look like it so far.

#2393 Mattician, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

16. conquistador#11

Dam suns. Feels like yesterday he was making '69' jokes at press conferences.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

People gonna start dressing like It at Tiger Stadium.

[​IMG]

18. conquistador#11

hilarious. is that his real name or type0?

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Demon pronounced "Damon".

20. Nook

Nook Member

How the hell are you still disappointed? Haven’t you figured out who runs the Texans?

red5rocket and raining threes like this.