1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to declare national emergency to build border wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you really don't understand my statement then there is no hope for you.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, I completely understand you. You simply want trump's vanity wall, and will post any justification no matter how wrong. You'll cite crime reasons, drugs, gangs, jobs, and other justifications, even if disproven, and even if there are better solutions that don't involve trump's vanity wall.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dude you can’t talk sense to them, they know what they’re doing. Nobody’s that stupid.

TheresTheDagger and dachuda86 like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't you just say that the reason you don't want any illegals in here is because a few commit violent crimes?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why are you judging the whole on a very tiny percentage?

EVERY group commits violent crime. Illegals do it less. So there are many reasons to stop illegals from coming into this country, but crime prevention is not one of them.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Duly noted about the insect metaphor and I won't give you a hard time about it. I appreciate that you saw the implication that some might take. Policywise, if you're referring to vigorous enforcement of immigration work laws, I'm in complete agreement with you. But it is also the one lever that Republicans have been reluctant to pull (Democrats have also been reluctant, but it's only one of several levers they avoid). Businesses don't want to be held accountable for the problem, so Republicans don't want to hold them accountable. The other things that Trump is more vigorously pursuing -- the wall, the enforcement practices, etc -- doesn't clean up the sugar. So why support those things?

Man, watch one of those nature shows. When its mating season, those bulls get downright criminal.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You failed the reading comprehension standardized tests in grade school didn't you?

mick fry likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

The symbology of the wall is powerful just like how saying “Mexico would pay for it repeatedly” was successful.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I would rather build wall than do nothing or tear wall down. But mostly I agree with you.

10. JuanValdez

But given your stated preference, shouldn't your chant by "Mandate e-verify!" instead of "finish the wall!"? The White House says they want e-verify to be mandatory by legislation, but you don't ever really hear them talk about it. That has to be a lot easier to accomplish than the wall. Could probably get Democrats to vote for it because it'd give them a talking point about how the evil, greedy, scofflaw corporations are responsible for illegal immigration and not the poor, helpless, innocent migrants. He might have to do some arm-twisting on Republican senators who might lose campaign donations from affected companies though. Maybe bundle it with a well-aimed tax break for the most impacted industries?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Trump is making a big ask with his wall. Building additional and better walls is actually an acceptable end goal. I want to see that happen in addition to better enforcement of current laws and tightening of laws. I don't see any other candidates proposing to do anything useful regarding physical barriers which are needed as part of an overall defense of the border with recent caravan tactics of illegal immigrants. This is not a simple one solution fits all kind of thing. So until other candidates start taking a harder stance, I will support the wall if not for the sole reason I see little alternative. A moderate dem would be nice. Where oh where have they gone? Sadly they are trying to out left each other.

mick fry likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

You're right no democrat is offering an alternative crackdown on illegal immigration. So, I suppose you do only have the one choice if that's your issue. I guess I'd point out that Trump with his wall and Mexicans-are-rapists rhetoric has made it pretty much impossible for any democrat to offer any moderate solution to illegal immigration without getting pilloried. I don't think that's all on Trump though -- Trump himself is a result of 20 years of Congressional paralysis on immigration.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Perfect score actually but that's beyond the point. You seem to be confused as to what you are saying.

You are saying from your posts (summarizing):

Illegals commit violent crime but it doesn't matter because they are illegal. Because they are illegal, they shouldn't be here.

That's like saying there shouldn't be speeders because it's illegal so you are against all speeders, and therefore it doesn't matter what else a speeder does. So let's build a wall to slow does speeders.

#673 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Holy ****, it’s not like saying that at all.

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are interpreting it as so. You take statements to weird places bro. I don't want illegals in the US and since they shouldn't be in the US, and they should have been prevented from entering, or removed, then yes the crime should not have been allowed to take place where a person shouldn't have been. Especially when sancuary cities hinder ICE from doing their job and that illegal stabs someone to death. Never did I make the statements you said. Classic sweets. Lying to either troll or make his position seem more virtuous.

If a child falls in a pool and dies then the parents are negligent. But if the child is not near the pool then the problem is prevented. Illegals are not all violent criminals but allowing them in is asking for more problems than we deserve. This is also not the sole reason I support stronger immigration reform. There are many reasons. You, the arbiter of virtue, can spin that how you want, because I already know you will because you are obsessed with anything you can misconstrue as racist.

#675 dachuda86, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We need a harder standardized test... one with drawing comparisons. lol

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I prefer to solve problems with sensible solutions, not make up lies about people because I don't like them.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So you're saying that my saying that some illegals commit violent crime is a lie? Are they angels? Are they... superior? Sounds kinda racist man.... not gonna lie. People are people.

19. dmoneybangbang

Is a wall the best possible way to achieve that when there are already millions of illegals here? You are merely following emotions and not thinking sensibly.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

You believe the idiots in your party over actual border agents who say they desperately need a wall to assist them? Cmon man stop with the political bs and use your head.