1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House is potentially our 4TH BIG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Mar 19, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If Magic played Center so can House

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Nene, Faried and Rivers have to go.
    Where is the depth?

Do you think there is a mistakes in 4-year strategy Plan?
    Teams are not offering long term bad contracts now. Buyout market will be a problem in the future.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He isnt worth that much...not yet.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't know, maybe it's just the right fit, maybe the right moment...i mean, basically the same thing happened to some other players, Whiteside comes to my mind, got cut by multiple teams and at some point he just startet to put up big numbers etc...

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nene is gone regardless, i think, whether in a Butler trade or to dump some salary...Hartenstein if not traded will take his minutes.

Faried and Rivers eh, i think Rivers will be gone cause someone will throw him MLE money. Faried i don't know, i still think he's not a great fit in today's NBA unless he plays with a Harden/Lebron kind of player, and he's not a starter until he can be consistent with his 3 point shot so, i wouldn't be shocked if he'll stay here for cheap next season.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I find it funny when people say House or Capela are just playing well because of great teammates. As if there are no other good teammates in the league. As if contributing this to a team full of stars is worth the minimum only. A player that can give 10-15 efficient points to a contender while playing above average defense is hard to find. Impossible to find for the minimum, unless they are in the twilight of their careers. What you get for the minimum is either the efficient offense or efficient defense (aka Rivers and Faried). Not both.

Just doesn't make sense to say "well let's see if he can maintain these insanely high percentages and defense over a long period and in the playoffs for a serious contender before deciding whether $4.2m over 3 years was an insufficient offer". Just the fact that you're having that conversation is a clear indication that he's earned more. Now you could make the argument he's still not certainly worth more than $2-3m per season (and I would at least understand that), but to be mad at him for rejecting a 3 year locked in minimum deal?

Get serious. A 1 year minimum is better than a 3 year minimum, so stop parading around that $4.2m figure. A 1 year minimum means a chance to prove what you can do again and the possibility of earning a better contract. Stop being obtuse about the fact that, for House, 1 year and $1.2m is better than 3 years and $4.2m.

I suspect we will heavily regret not giving him most of the remainder of the MLE for 3 years (we probably should have given $9m over 3 years) but hindsight is 20/20. I wasn't THAT sure back then either, but these last few games just sliding back into his role seamlessly tell me it's not a fluke. He's going to cost us more in the summer. He has played in 10 or so nationally televised games, he's been performing this way in front of a series of coaches and scouts. MDA loves him and will use him more and more.

He's averaging:
    10 ppg
    47.8% shooting
    41.8% 3PT (on 4.4 attempts)
    Goes to the line 2.3 times in 25 minutes
    Good, but not elite defense

If he ends up averaging 12ppg on less than 8 shots,
    45% from the field and 38% from 3pt + good defense

Some team is going to test our resolve in restricted free agency, and we should be happy because retaining him will be worth it to add a solid young role player to this aging core. To get that for the minimum for 3 years was a childish Tilman fantasy. Stop embarrassing yourselves by bringing this up anymore, the dude has performed and the coaching staff and star players are all high on his work. Mark my words, this guy has a higher offensive ceiling than we've seen. We are lucky the Warriors waived him, and if he had THIS stretch of games with THEM, then we would be desperate to snatch him off them in the summer even at the MLE, and yes even at the cost of Faried/Rivers walking.

8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

If house can hit 1/14 3s in the playoffs, we have a really good chance. It's good to go into the playoffs without Ariza. About dam time!!!!!!

9. fattz

fattz Member

Please pay House and stop looking for something that we already have. Rivers and Faried can both be replaced on cheap. House not so much. Ariza would play like House’s normal every 5th or 6th game and CF wanted to pay him 15M a year. With that logic House is a worth the maximum anything less is a bargain.

Jake Tower likes this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

I still think Morey is not planning to spend over 132 million in July.
    Its 7 players to share $10.7 million in July.
    If House gets 9 million, the rest is 0.2 million contract each.

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I honestly don’t think Faried is going to get too much attention in FA and could resign here for the minimum. Same goes with Shumpert if he keeps playing like this. Rivers is the big question mark. Rivers fits the Rockets really well as a 4th gaurd but he will get attention in FA.

CF is going to be in an uproar if they keep Rivers over House.

12. YaoMingsSoulja

CAN HE REBOUND? THE TEAM NEEDS REBOUNDING!!!!! IF HE DOES THIS GIVE HIM W/E HE WANTS!!!!

sorry caps.

13. jayydela

jayydela Member

The next Jimmy Butler? Too soon

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Look at the Rockets stats when both Capela and Faried are on the court and get back to me. Small sample size obviously, but it just shows that it needs to be tried more.

15. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

small sample size guys. Let's wait till the playoff ends.