1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Worst organization in the NFL doesn't make the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. Talk to the Raiders, Bills, Phins, Bengals, Jags and Browns before last year.

Just because they don't want to over pay for a bunch of questionable Free Agents doesn't meant the organization is bad. I call it smart. Free Agents have ALWAYS been a crap shoot. Especially ones that are allowed to walk by their own team.

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Nope. You're the first person to have that idea on this board in the last 25 years. You're special.

solid likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know you are being sarcastic but your statement is true. There are people here who can do a better job.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who cares about getting to the playoffs if you like a high school team when you get there? Besides, the goal is not to just get to the playoffs.

Nook and donkeypunch like this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm sure it was just the frustration talking. I'm not really sure HOW a fan couldn't be frustrated with this organization's off season to this point. We have a ton of cap room and have sort of but not really addressed the secondary and done zero on the o-line. Meanwhile we are almost onto third-tier free agents. We simply have too many holes to fill in one good draft unless we hit home runs in every round. We have skill positions and a franchise QB and while we don't have to make dumb deals (though I would argue this off-season doesn't seem to have lots of crap deals other than safeties being overpaid), we are not really doing much but treading water. I'm pissed we haven't signed one single lineman when we have 4 holes (IMO).

So you get posts like this. We have money. We don't have to go sign a 12M per year tackle but damn what about some 3-4M per year lineman or some other DB's?

I get it. Hopefully we do something...

ryano2009 likes this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Agree, but man it's really hard to support this team when the front office scrap out bottom tier players and cheap out on signing descent player ls when they have **** load of money to spend.

Our o-line was the worst in the league last year. Watson was the most saked qb last year and still haven't signed anyone for that position. You cant convince a rookie o-line will make a difference on their first year and elevate the o-line that we have.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

10. Texanstradamus

So the Texans are giving out prove it deals when they don’t negotiate during the season ........so what’s the point of prove it deals if they can walk......like does this team realize these philosophies have gotten them no where

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  11. Texanstradamus

Well for one I’d stop doing that dumb rule of not negotiating during the season that has kept players so focused during the season

Fulgore likes this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I love every signing.. It's a stepping stone for OB to GTFOH soon.

Nook likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, yeah, hindsight is 20/20. If I knew what I know now 2 years ago, Id already be retired, on an island somewhere and not be worried about this trivial state of bullshit that the Texans are in every year.

So, getting good value in picks for him was a good thing by Rick. A 2nd and a 3rd is nothing to look down at. The steelers only got a 3 and 5 for AB. Theres some perspective for anybody who thinks otherwise.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or maybe, The tackles out there sucks? They signed 3 DBs. They are not finished. Their primary focus is the draft.

body slam likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Prove it deals are good for players who are inconsistent in play and/or ability to stay on the field.

There is nothing wrong with that.

It is pretty clear that the Texans want to build through the draft and feel they can sure up there needs in the first two rounds.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Did you post this earlier @Nimo? May have missed it.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

And the guards as well? We have 53m in cap space. Gotta do more than rely on the draft with as many holes as we have with the money we have. Don’t see how anyone can defend this...do both.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

#2059 J.R., Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks! (funny)