1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The real issue is we cannot have community without drugs/alcahol and religion. Whoever created this game intended to divide people with religion and their mind and body with drugs.

For non-religious believers in god, where do they go to have community? For those who do not want to drink and destroy their mind, what do they do after a long week of work/school?

Companionship is being removed from society and that is the real issue. Fear of being labeled may prevent two guys from going out to enjoy a meal together. Those guys are stupid for thinking that way, but it should not have to be part of it.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

So I did some research, just because I am now genuinely interested, and the immediate responses are...interesting, to say the least.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/night-club-shooting-possible-hostages-situation.275466/

On page 1 of the thread in the link above, the Islamic terrorist angle was immediate.

I also re-read page of this article, and almost immediately, gun control and mental health was brought up.

These are just 2 examples, I won't be foolish enough to make sweeping conclusions by any means. But I will say that this is part of a much larger data set. And it's not just religion either. The media covers race completely different as well. Doing some research is eye-opening. A white male could kill his wife, and the headline might read, "Father of 3 murders spouse" with a nice family photo. There will probably be a quote in there from a neighbor, saying they are so surprised, as he was such a friendly person. But then a black guy can rob a convenient store, and we get to see his mugshot and a title insinuating "scary black guy doing scary black guy stuff."

It's just amazing to me. And let the record reflect that I have no issues with any races, religion, or political leanings. Growing up in diverse Alief may have helped me appreciate others, and not be scared of them, I even have friends that are Trump supporters, mind-blowing, I know!

JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Anyone who lumps people together and says THEY believe such and such is coming off on the wrong foot. His whole basis are polls from these countries where the idea of polls doesn't really resonate. These are obvious tribal motivated povs. You being Indian is probably a reason why you probably see his pov as valid. Sadly everyone is influenced by this, as it is so dominant in our wiring you probably don't even know you are being this way.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?" the author of the manifesto wrote. "As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure.”

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

He perpetuates it 100%, he's a dangerous person, there are too many people who can't think for themselves, this guy is a philosopher who should get you thinking for yourself, not fan boys who regurgitate his statements. But people these days are incapable of doing the thinking on their own.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or an American for that matter.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

If I may ask, what kind of reform towards changing laws regarding women's rights does he or you support? Correct me if I am wrong, but women could under Islamic law well before we granted women the right to vote in our great country. Also, there is an important saying that "heaven lies at the mother's feet." I take that as a message to us to always respect, love, and take good care of our moms, although I suppose others can interpret that differently. So to my non-expert eyes, I feel like women have been held in higher regard within Islam. So I am wondering which changes should be made. And is it with the religion itself, or the different governments that interpret the religion their way (i.e. like Saudi who used to not let women drive)?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Could be any guy named Donald Trump.

The President's name is Donald J. Trump

10. HTM

HTM Member

I'm all for living in reality and transparency. Call a spade a spade.

After a slew of ISIS attacks in the West many politicians and members of the media refused to associate the attacks with radical Islam. It's wrong for politicians/ the media to dance around the fact that many terrorist attacks are associated with radicalized Muslims.

This attacked is associated with White Supremacy - it should be recognized as such.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Post the full quote.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Hundreds of millions have died throughout history specifcally and only because of their religious beliefs. Muslims got the short end of the stick because, similar to a gang, their religion must have a specific identifier that follows them everywhere they go. Be it headgear or clothes, not sure who decided this would be their fashion. Nowhere in the Quaran does it say men must dress the way they do and there are no photos of Mohammed to mimic.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I suppose we'll agree to disagree. In my opinion, the media is quick to play the Muslim terrorist card, but as zeeshan pointed out, that is not the case when the shoe is on the other foot, as he provided good examples from "news sources" choosing their words wisely related to this specific shooting.

But as long as you are consistent with it (and it appears that you are), and are ok with calling this coward a White Supremacist terrorist, that's all I can ask for from you.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont give these assholes the satisfaction

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

As they keep saying on the news New Zealand (particularly Christchurch) is a very safe, peaceful place. The big crime wave that was top story on the news while I was there? Someone was painting graffiti on the walls where the buses parked. It was very safe...everyone wandered the streets alone, and no one felt unsafe doing so. So, sad to see this spread to there.

What I haven't heard much made of on the news, is that the person who did this is Australian. ie, He's an immigrant himself. Making all his claims pretty silly, and the crime even more senseless.

BaselineFade and No Worries like this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Didn't see a category for 'Deranged Australian Bigots'....I wonder what category he assumes he fell into.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Newroxfan immediately attacked Trump some bullshit in N ew Zealand

And now you're blaming him

Ridiculous

19. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

If only this guy had community outside of losers in a dirty, dark room on a dark website where they preach hate and say stuff no one would say face to face.

20. MystikArkitect

Here’s the thing Trumpkins, this is what you all do. You dance around your racism and bigotry with generalities and then when someone finally corners you to admit to supporting bigotry or racism, you hide in a corner until people forget. It’s amazing how many times I’ve tried to have a civilized discourse with supporters of Tucker Carlson or FoxNews in general, and it doesn’t take long to lead them to make a point they don’t want to make.

For the record, I believe Tucker is just playing a personality. I’m not sure if he’s racist or just pandering to his crowd. Regardless, his rhetoric leads to attacks like the one in NZ. It creates a fervor in weaker minded individuals and makes them believe they need to act out in this manner. There has been a rise in antisemetic/islamophobic sentiment since his election. We all know why this is.

This is getting worse. I fully blame whatever you want to call the Republican Party for this. They’re complicit with these actions at this point. This needs to stop.