1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is MDA a bad coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Mar 13, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

MDA is stubborn. case in point When Steve Kerr was the GM with the SUNS and MDA was the coach STeve wanted him to get a defense coach uhhhhhhhh...... just like he has now )that's when steve Nash Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion and Stoudamire where bigtime. But noooo that led to steve firing him in Phoenix. He knew he could not refuse again when Morey told him that from jump. MDA is an excellent coach but he is rigid on the wrong things and to lose on other things and Steve Kerr knows his coaching style and plays him every time. James Harden and CP3 playing flawless basket ball are the only reasons we will beat them. Kerr helps his team More than MDA does because of MDA's stubbornness on the wrong things. Him getting out coached is my only fear we got the team we just need to get it done

kjayp likes this.
  2. bacliff

bacliff Member

He is a genius offensive coach and can get the most offense out of a team possible but I agree that he is not great at game time management. It always seems obvious to me when a time out needs to be called but I just figure he has a reason to not call them. I can't figure out who would be a better coach to have in place for Harden and our team though.

3. SemisolidSnake

Is MDA a bad coach?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is frustrating for sure but not bad.

The fact that he is more one dimensional and he needs Bzdelik like the last straw is telling.

Bzdelik has to retire some day.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He doesnt trust rooks unless hes forced to because of injuries.

He's extremely stubborn and will refuse to make adjustments when he thinks we have the advantage.

He'll also be receiving a multi-year extension so get used to it.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

A SIMPLE system on ONE side of the ball.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Loss not on pringles... but dude blew it with playing farid a little bit too long and choosing shumpet over House in this game.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's not bad. He has a great system that empowers his players. Defensively he's hit or miss as we've seen. He does seem to struggle with in game adjustments though. We could do worse.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only thing I'll complain about is not using House...at all. I'm not a House stan by any means but Shumpert has been pretty shitty. I hope House takes Shump's minutes next game.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bad coaches don't get to conference finals multiple times

/thread

Rocket River

Patience and tinman like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Cp3 hurt his hamstring
    2. Refs f*cked us to the tune of almost 8 pts a game
    3. The league ****ec his Phoenix squad

None are his fault.

Rocket River

topfive and Patience like this.
  12. smokieethabear

No, that's my answer.

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Milk Hair's Rockets team went to the western conference finals and he is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen at the professional level

topfive likes this.
  14. Voltik

Voltik Member

MDA is a good coach with Bzedlick if he’s calling timeouts and running plays to get the offense or defense going.

I wish he used deeper rotations espically in the regular seasons because our team won’t be getting young not have young talent with iso heavy offense and LTS.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

He's a player's coach. He has a system, wants and empowers his players to implement the system, and then backs off.

I can respect that but we've lost games basically because our coaching staff is average at best from an Xs and Os perspective, recognizing matchups, and they're too reluctant to play younger players. He is anything but a micromanager.

topfive likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

MDA career has 49% winning percentage regular season and 49% winning percentage in playoffs before this season.

MDA is not a bad coach.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he dumb cuz he didnt play House

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Oh please. The Warriors without Durant are basically the same team that won 73 games, plus they now have an all-star Center.

Not to mention the fact it is pretty unrealistic to expect to sweep a season series against the Warriors, and the Rockets only lost by 2 points. Not really worth being upset about this game.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

MDA is a good coach, stop the nonsense...

Is he at that elite top 5 tier? No, I don’t think so, but he’s still pretty good, especially when u give him an elite playmaker and some shooters plus a PnR big.