1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well all this happened, and the Rockets lost by only 2 points and almost had a chance to tie the game at the end. I’d say that counts as having a shot.

lionaire likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

PJ could have snagged that rebound instead of tipping it way into the backcourt. Oh well.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rivers is sucking out there big time. I
    don't know if he is hurt or he has lost interest playing. Capela couldn't obviously handle Cousins, but we need him to establish a presence on defense. We aren't going to go very far with our poor shooting. Tucker is losing his touch again. Practice is essential, but a team meeting might
    help us to re-focus on the weak points.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i am actually bothered by 2 things...

1) we have no practical chance at getting the #1 seed now. this goes back to the many close games we've lost all season through a combination of the players slacking off for bad teams and the front office trying to compete on the cheap (with a depleted roster and tired starters much of the season now)

2) this was really the first game this season where i noticed ariza's absence, particularly his court savvy. in our 4th Q comebacks he would always get a key rebound, trey, rotation etc... ie. that stretch where gs gets like 8 off rebs in a row doesn't happen w/ ariza on the court imo

i guess i was also bothered by stephie and the gonzo lookin splash bro celebrating like they just won trip to disneyworld. that was so pathetic it was bothersome

#1744 pippendagimp, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    BaselineFade, hakeem94, rhee and 2 others like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Let Cousins, Donkey and his cast shoot 3s, outside. Cover Klay and Curry on the 3s, we would undo their title hope. We really can't cover Durant, we just got to hope he is destined to NY and plays like a lame duck player. To see Cousins go inside like that with ease is hard to watch. If we are going to beat them, we have to go inside their head. Hard clean foul on those Splashers and get into the head of Cousins. Donkey is hard-headed, he maybe a nut-case, or maybe he is a nut cracker. If we play evenly without extra, it is hard to beat those chumps when it counts.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Obvioulsly it would have been way better had the Rockets won, but I'm not too upset for the loss.

The last thing we need is a complacent Rockets team thinking they have it all figured out. This loss and the way the Rockets played can motivate the team to fix and improve on teams that are not working well. Still 14 games to get it done and barring any significant injuries, I'm confident MDA will have them ready when it really counts.

Tomorrow's game couldn't come soon enough. That's the only thing Curry was right.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

It was 10 games, you are making it seem like House will be some amazing super role player, chill. I hope he plays well but the the expectations are too high.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Imo....the refs gave cousins a green light bullyball and take extra steps
    If Nene plays....we win

Rocket River

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

problem is, in the playoffs silver's refs will be even more biased. we literally have to drastically outplay GS to have any chance. and now we have to do it at their arena

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I went to bed at halftime. The first quarter was awful, but the Rockets kept coming back. I missed the second half. I am shocked the score was that close. GS has so much more talent, world's more talent. They have several sharpshooters; the Rockets have none. We have "volume" shooters. They have much more muscle inside and they used it to dominate the boards. Their bench players could form another NBA team. Our bench could just as easily be on the Vipers. Clearly we are in their heads, but I am not sure why.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wait are people actually upset that we didn’t go all out last night in an attempt to get the 1 seed? Y’all are ridiculous lmao.

I mean what if we did go balls to wall for every game remaining on our schedule and then still end up with a 2 or 3 seed. We’d be entering the playoffs gassed and probably with an injury. At this point getting the 3 seed and avoiding GS or OKC still the conference finals is an absolute blessing especially when you consider how shitty the first half of the year for us.

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Slow down there buddy...our bench isn’t that bad. Harden can’t shoot 2-12 from three if we expect to beat the Warriors in the playoffs, it’s as simple as that. Tucker was bad too, he can’t go 1-7 on wide open threes.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Same people would be saying how dumb MDA and this franchise is if we got the #1 seed and then someone got hurt.

lionaire likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

They will go with whos hot doesnt matter if its Boogie torching Capela or Snake torching Shumpert

15. MystikArkitect

Makes sense with our constantly switching defense and 3 point barrage.

Kanter would be an ideal fit.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

House is an upgrade at the 3 spot over Gordon and Green. It's not exactly a high bar

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

People are really tripping about last nights game? 3-1 vs Golden State is exceptional. Last night didnt mean ****

Rocket River and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon is a better player than House, you think House is gonna be in at the end of Games, no. But yea I'd be fine with him at the 3 I guess. The one thing I will criticize MDA for is that he needs to play Gary more. He needs to play the 4, not House.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

In all fairness 10 games is a good simple size. Has Austin river been good for 10 games...in that time frame u knew he was a asset to the team

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since Feb 21st Tucker has gone 28 of 55 shooting .454 from behind the arc. Rivers 13 of 37 at .351 from behind the arc. James 28 of 114 at .245 from behind the arc. James made 3 more 3's than Tucker but took 59 more shots.

Omer, snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.