1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors looking to make a statement to the league Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 10, 2019.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

We’ve had the Warrriors on the ropes more than anyone else...

topfive likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Once the Warriors stop jerking each other off in celebration, they'll realize they beat us by a single bucket on a night when we played poorly.

The only things they have to be happy about tonight are Boogie's play and the game they gain on us in the standings. One road win in the WCF and this is meaningless.

mikol13, Tfor3, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Curry said this was a statement game....they won and shut the Rockets and the league up. 9 game win streak means nothing now. until a championship is won, I don’t want to hear anything else about th rockets having the warriors number.

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

No joke! They pissed me off like no another seeing Curry’s stupid smiling face. When Harden hit that game winning 3, he kept walking

Tfor3 and Voltik like this.
  5. jowman

jowman Member

The loss's impact on the standings isn't a big deal, but losing is losing and we can't just dismiss it and assume we are fine the way things are. We played OK, we didn't shoot horribly or anything. We got killed on the boards and by Cousins who looked unstoppable. Those aren't things we can fix by simply not "playing like ass". Who are we supposed to put on him at this point in the season? Tucker and Capela are too small and don't tell me Nene who D'antoni wouldn't even play today.

We shot 47% from the field today, what's a good game for us shooting 50%+ from the field every game in the playoffs? While holding GS to sub 50%? Things we held onto as our strengths over the Warriors- deeper bench, rebounding, hustle got exposed and they just showed they can beat us in those areas too. Seriously guys I'd like to hear, other than throwing up a prayer that we shoot better from 3 for 4 games than Warriors, what areas are we better than them at?

stefanb likes this.
  6. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Good:
    • Passing: CP and James really moved the ball, before going into ISO.
    • Good shots: We got the looks we wanted. The shots weren't falling. Tucker's corner 3, Beard's stepback. Paul's midrange. Gordon's 3.
    • Perimeter defense: Overall, our rotations on their guards were solid.
    Bad:
    • Offensive rebounding: Other than Capela, our 4 guard rotation can't get to the ball when their forwards are in the game. Not sure how effective when Faried and Capela were on the court together.
    • Interior matchup: Capela couldn't stop Cousins. This will be a problem in the playoffs, but I expect after watching some film, he'll do a better job.
    • Plan B: When the stepbacks don't go in, James has to find something else. We've seen this before in the playoffs. It doesn't seem like our coaching or gameplan allows for alternative options when our go-to ISOs aren't working. I'm hoping we unveil something new in the offseason, but this is my biggest fear going into the playoffs. We should've have let CP handle the ball and get James easy 3s off assists, or run him off screens to get open.
    I'm sure I'm missing a lot but this was a knee jerk reaction. Seems crazy to think we were close given how poorly we rebounded and how our shots weren't falling. But then Durant isn't playing...

bj3175, B-Bob, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Terrible 3 point shooting night, 26.8%, especially Tucker at 1-7. That's all you need to know.

bj3175 and B-Bob like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No. The only bad 3 point shot in Dantonis system is one not taken, even if you set an NBA record for most missed in a row.

9. 1234567

1234567 Member

Made statement by winning. Rockets can make statement by kicking them out of playoffs.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Single digits is fooling people.. they had control and basicaly executes when they had to. When we had to execute James bricked stepbacks, it has to stop

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The rockets are gonna have 3 games like this where they're not shooting the 3 good against them in the playoffs, whether they can squeeze a win out of one of those 3 is gonna be the difference between us winning it in 6 or 7 games.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You'll hear many opinions. Sorry.
    -- the Internet

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets have the warriors number. they beat them 3-1 this year. while without cp3 and harden. you're definitely going to hear that

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Right on al points. Cp handling the ball was key to then whole thing to me because we didn't play with the correct pace

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Tucker was more aggressive offensively the last time the rOX FACED THE wARRIORS that cant be ignored. Sometime s pj has got to look at the basket and get a rhythm so those corner threes feel a little better. Gerald had some to that were momentum shots if they had hit them totally different outcome today. Really the key is the role players need to get some easy buckets early to help their confidence

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Neither teams have actually had a full squad at the same time this year.

Game 1- no Curry (Rockets W)
    Game 2 - no CP (Rockets W)
    Game 3 - no Harden (Rockets W)
    Game 4 - no KD (GSW W)

Either way, while Rockets have their number in the regular season, they still gotta go through them in the playoffs. And the last couple of years, that's been GSW.

Rockets still pose the biggest threat again to dethroning them this year, but they gotta prove it in the playoffs. Reg season series win is a great momentum/confidence builder tho.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's a huge chunk of our system/philosophy: Take the open shot. We were off, it's as simple as that. Granted, the Warriors are not defensive slouches but we've shot better from 3 in every other game this year:

Game 1: 34%
    Game 2: 37.8%
    Game 3: 37.2%
    Game 4: 26.8%

That's it. It's a 27% negative difference in 3-pt shot percentage than our next worse 3-pt shooting in Game 1. We live by that sword and we die by it. I would bet that all of our losses had similar 3-pt shooting. And we lost this game by a bucket. It stings, but it's encouraging in a way- as long as we're on our game, no one can beat us in a series.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Meaningless games mean less
    Only trolls and non fans blowing this into something

Rocket River

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

20. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

we cant say anything or any other team until someone beats them in the playoffs. So they can say what they want.

sushimaster likes this.