1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

Meh, I've accepted the fact that Davenport and Henderson will start the season at the tackle spots. They'll probably grab a swing guy in the third and udfa

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I wouldn't doubt that Bell had too much of a "inmates running the asylum" vibe for McNair, given that he dictated terms with the Steelers rather than just shutting up and playing.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Purvis's shorts

I feel like today was worse than yesterday

6. awc713

awc713 Member

I’m guessing our FO thinks the 2019 UDFA and draft class will perform about just as well as the majority of what’s been available on the market. That has to be the rationale, right? I can’t blame them for not wanting to overpay scrubs when we can just draft and hope to develop what’s essentially the same. That said, I’d prefer we trade for an established OL/CB...but I’m guessing that’s the rationale for us not signing any of these guys.

7. Fantasma Negro

If they sign either it'll probably be Jordan Mills

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

What was that about good teams don't get better with FA?

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

He’s coming off an injury that cast him the season. I believe it was Achilles in week 1. So he may not be full strength until mid season or later.

Feels like a Texans 1 yr prove it so we can lose you next year deal.

I kid. I actually like Gaines approach. He’s not going to sink our cap with stupid signings and is focusing on the draft. This approach can build a long term winner but you have to hit on your picks.

TheFreak likes this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wowwww **** This team. Couldn’t even spend 5 mill on Coleman?

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

The only Texan-related good news today is the firing of Josh Innes

15. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

For the millionth time, it takes two. Im sure, as already stated on some of these players, the Texans are interested and maybe even put out offers. But the player has the right to turn our offer down, turn away from our interest and accept an offer from one of the other 31 teams. No matter the sport, people seem to forget this.

Sure I want some more signings but I also know that it matters what this roster looks like in a few months, rather than in the middle of March. Have some patience.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

What?? Wow. Great news. I typically listen to Seth Payne in the AM but flip over when there’s a commercial. Innes went on a racial rant this morning so I went back to 610 ads. They need to bring back Charlie.

Nimo likes this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I thought it was settled years ago that you don’t spend that type of money on a RB. I guess not. I also thought it was obvious that anyone playing RB for Pittsburgh pretty much puts up great numbers.

18. Purvis's shorts

hopefully the Rockets will beat Golden State tonight and I'll forget all about how abysmal this offseason has been for the Texans.

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

anyone see what Jaylen Ramsey said about teaming up with Watson...we need space for that next year

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

LIst wasn't deep last year either. Probably not going to be deep next year either. You either have to make a splash on one of the few guys worth it or you have to grow your own. Lately, the Texans have decided to do neither and acquiesce to mediocrity.