1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 12, 2019.

1. hakeemthagreat

So much hate here for Shumpert. His only problem is he's been fouling too much. But he's been hitting his open 3's. He's the type of guy you want if PJ, Green or Gordon gets hurt in the playoffs. He's the type of wildcard you need

HakeemOnlyFan, jcmoon, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Great observation.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think it should be obviously clear now. Morey is indeed planning to bring jimmy buckets in this offseason making house expendable and purely a stop gap for this season. I see you Morey....

matchesmalone likes this.
  4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not every expiring is an asset. This owner is not paying for an "asset" that can only be used to take on someone's bad contract for a pick - and I wouldn't either. And no one is trading us a good player for an expiring Shumpert.

Unless he turns this around, this will be it for the Shumpert experiment.

kjayp likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude shot under 32.9 % from 3 in the Gleague this year. Worried he’s gonna come back with his shot gone.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Cool...

I didnt bother going back through the thread to see how people are spinning it as a Murray victory - rather than a failed attempt at strong arm tactics... lol

welp, House has already shown more intelligence than DMo - he actually knew his rights... lol

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

In the Gleague he’s shooting step back threes like Harden. On the Rockets he will be standing around waiting for wide open threes from Harden and CP3.

Hakeemtheking, jsilencio and jcmoon like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

After all, we just signed T.Mac, what can possibly go wrong?

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

people on here are always yippy skippy to trade for some midlevel player on a bloated contract - by whatever means necessary... and they constantly think a fat expiring contract is the silver bullet to success...
    Ryan Anderson's contract was gonna net us a superstar... then it was Brandon Knight... in the end we gave up assets to move them...

"It's not my money" should be the official Rox fan motto... lol

ArtV likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No chance! The Raymond Brothers, like the Tony Brothers, are out to screw the Rockets!

11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Shumpert was really good for the kings. A team i've been supporting.

I think he just needs to get his body right and he'll be able to contribute. People need to stop writing him off too soon .

12. vick

vick Member

House is the "Trump" card that Morey played. Now the Rockets are all in to have a Parade in June. Thank you Morey, I take back all the bad things I said about you. At least until July 1.Then go get Butler, or it will be bad.

matchesmalone likes this.
  13. thekad

thekad Member

Basura Shumpert back to the shadow realm where he belongs.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He’s shooting 27% overall and 30% from three on the Rockets.

That’s amazing.

I think I’d hit em better than that considering id be wide open and wouldn’t pass those up for the longest twos possible or contested threes.

#234 JayZ750, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    icewill36 and matchesmalone like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Signing House for the rest of the season has always been Plan B. Sure Morey's strong arm tactics failed but the reason they did it in the first place is they knew they can always sign House to the rest of the season if all else failed.

It was a win-win situation for Morey from the start as Bima pointed out it they had their claws in House from the beginning. This also allowed the team to stay under lux tax because House' salary is prorated. Either way they met their LTS goal and still have House for the playoffs.

16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

[​IMG]

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH FIRE

im lovin' this

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’d expect for you to know better than to post something like this as if you could easily do better.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is the game but Morey did not get played .

First he has put together a significantly better team than last year while also improving the budget to setup for next year in free agency.
    House is betting on himself he might get a better deal he might not . All the risk is on him

biff17 likes this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

note that House was 9 for 9 in that game from the free throw line