1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

They could but it wouldn't make sense to

2. body slam

body slam Member

one of the guys on 610 said something very similar to this last night

3. raining threes

Or the 2nd or the 4th.

Check it out. Look over the last decade and compare that to the league avg. Plus take into the quality of the player. I mean Blue has been here awhile but he sucks. Same with Griffin ect...

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not sure if this worked, embed from my phone...

red5rocket and Nimo like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

You bring up 2nd and 4th rounders and then bring up Blue and Griffin as your examples? Getting those two players in the 6th is actually pretty good. Christian Covington was also a 6th rounder. Derek Newton a 7th rounder. I have looked at the league average and have posted it here before. The Texans produced and retained more starters from draft picks than most other teams. Rick Smith was especially good in the 1st and later rounds. His biggest failure was in not getting a QB, until he did, and his free agency signings. And yes he had a weird thing going with 3rd rounders. Now that we have the QB, the hope is that Gaine can do better. He did great but I'm not buying that last years draft was so amazingly better than anything we have ever seen. That's just not true; and I posted the evidence.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

red5rocket likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So does that count as me being first?! I’m so proud.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yep. I just provided the details

red5rocket and houstonstime like this.
  10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I really dont see why all the hype around Carlos Hyde, and why a lot of people want him, he hasnt been good.
    This is his fourth team in one year.
    49ers didnt do much to retain him as a FA, he signed with Cleveland, didnt play much, was traded to the Jaguars, then released by Jacksonville.
    some people doesnt want lamar miller but want carlos hyde, for me thats a lateral move.
    Hyde just like Miller, would give you 2 or 3 good games, but most of the time, he doesnt show up.

Im glad that the Texans didnt go for him.

11. raining threes

The umbers are skewed is my point. The RS kept guys around that had no business seeing the field due to the fact that they were his draft picks. Tell me more about guys like XSF/Trevardo Williams/Montgomery/The 2nd rd bust CB from Miami/Nix the list goes on and on and that's why it's going to take awhile to clean up the mess RS left behind. Are you really saying RS did a good job thru 2 regimes and over a decade after seeing all of the holes on the roster he left behind? If you are then we have nothing to talk about.

But keep in mind this isn't a RS, BOB thing, it's a RS, Kubiak thing too.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Antonio Brown's got that guaranteed money again. He can once again hire someone to bring him water at practices. If he shows up to them. What a joke.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He’s the one that broke the news

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

All I can think of is now the Texans really need some CBs. This season alone they will have to face TY clown face, Michael Thomas, Julio and Calvin Ridley, Reek, Allen and Mike W, Mike Evans, and now Antonio Brown. Man!

awc713 and red5rocket like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk when it was exactly but at some point the Texans broke my spirit last season. Probably at 0-3 or shortly thereafter. I’ve watched and read less about football than I have in 20 years and I’m at peace with it. Blurbs on social media have been my information thus far this offseason and everything I’ve seen about the Texans really does indicate how fkn awful a GM and owner we had. For once I’m actually agreeing with what’s happening so far, not even delving into draft/FA stuff but it seems like the new sheriff in town has a real mind for roster building. Hope it produces a team worth watching this season.

raining threes likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chiefs released Justin Houston

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

An upgrade over Merci

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member